Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Braun's chapters on the time-preference theory of interest will meet the most resistance.
Braun states the traditional pure time-preference theory (PTPT) of interest as one comparing present goods with future goods.
Such a time-preference rate applied to the decision to exercise would lead the rational consumer to refrain from exercising more than a few minutes per week.
Exercising as much as 4 hours per week implies a time-preference rate close to 1%.
Abstract: Ludwig von Mises advocated a pure time-preference theory of interest.
Mises adopted Menger's theory of value, developed certain elements of Bohm-Bawerk's and Frank Fetter's theories of time preference (while rejecting their wider frameworks), and drew upon his own rationalist epistemology of praxeology to construct a highly original pure time-preference theory of interest.
For example, the highly influential Austrian time-preference approach to the phenomenon of originary interest (or profit), as originated again in the work of Bohm-Bawerk and brought to perfection in the writings of Fetter, Mises and Rothbard, is shown to be completely inadequate to both furnish a coherent explanation of the phenomenon of interest and remain consistent with wider conditions of the market (pp.
For the sake of greater accuracy and to avoid confusion, it is necessary to make clear that Reisman regards the concept of time-preference as such as the "second major principle of valuation that closely bears on the subject of scarcity." (pp.
The question comes from a study about what economists call "time-preference." That's econo-speak for how much you prefer a quick payoff.
Each individual, on the basis of his time-preference schedule, decides between the amount of his money income to be devoted to saving and the amount to be devoted to consumption.
While theirs is partly a derived demand--the time-preference aspect being ultimately determined by original factor owners--the borrowers' schedules differ between short- and long-term loans as a result of their entrepreneurial function, and because uncertainty for borrowers is higher on shorter loans.
Although the authors consider the pure time-preference theory of interest (PTPTI) to be the valid theory of interest, the focus here will be on two arguments in favor of it that we consider problematic.
Financial browser ?
- Time order
- Time Preference for Consumption
- Time premium
- time saved
- time series
- Time series models
- time sharing
- time sheet
- Time Slot
- time span of discretion
- time spread
- Time spread strategy
- time stamping
- Time Standard
- Time to maturity
- Time until expiration
- time value
- Time value of an option
- time value of money
- Time value permium
- Time Value Premium
- Time-and-a Half
- time-based maintenance
- time-price differential
- times fixed charges
- times interest earned
- time-series analysis
- time-series data
- time-share ownership
- time-sharing and time-shares
- Times-interest-earned ratio
- Time-weighted rate of return
- time-weighted return
- Time-Zone Arbitrage
- timing difference
- Timing option
- Timothy Geithner
- Tin Ingot
- tin parachute
- Tip from a Dip
- Tip Income
Full browser ?
- Time-Optimal Linear Scheduling
- Time-Orbiting Potential
- Time-out Reversal
- Time-Out Timer
- Time-Phase Force Deployment Data Editor
- Time-Phased Budget
- Time-Phased Flow of Information for PBA
- Time-Phased Force & Deployment Data
- Time-Phased Force & Deployment List
- time-phased force and deployment data
- time-phased force and deployment data maintenance
- time-phased force and deployment data refinement
- time-phased force and deployment list
- Time-Phased Force Deployment
- Time-Phased Force Deployment Data
- Time-Phased Force Deployment Document
- Time-Phased Response
- Time-Phased Transportation Requirements List
- Time-Price Differential
- Time-Price Differential
- Time-projection chamber
- Time-Proportional Output
- Time-Provider Interface
- time-pulse distributor
- Time-Pulse Transmitter
- Time-Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring
- Time-Reliability Correlation
- Time-Resolved Cathodoluminescence
- Time-Resolved Circular Dichroism
- Time-Resolved Dielectric Loss
- Time-resolved Distance Determination by Fluorescence Quenching
- Time-Resolved Electroluminescence
- Time-Resolved Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
- Time-Resolved Electron Paramagnetic Resonance
- Time-Resolved Electron Spin Resonance
- Time-Resolved Emission Spectra
- Time-Resolved Faraday Rotation
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Anisotropy
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Depletion
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Imaging
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Quenching
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Time-Resolved Fluoro-Immunoassay
- Time-Resolved Imaging of Contrast Kinetics
- Time-Resolved Infrared Radiometry
- Time-Resolved Infrared Spectral Photography