referral

(redirected from referrals)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.

referral

Recommending a particular broker to someone. Brokers may legally pay referral fees,but only to other brokers.

References in periodicals archive ?
Which is why he's "hyper-focused" on garnering referrals from professional centers of influence: estate planning attorneys, CPAs, mortgage brokers, and insurance agents in the property & casualty and life segments.
The estimated cost of referrals for January hit about NIS 7,395,906.
In the case of a referral source that has a very negative perception of you (now you know why referrals have been decreasing for the past two years), first you must apologize for the problems your facility has created and then commit to developing a plan of correction based on the source's feedback.
Nevertheless, studies show that 80% of patients surveyed completed their specialist referrals, while the remaining 20% do not successfully pursue their referrals.
Another key highlight of the survey was the use of social media to drive referrals. Organizations leveraging social media for referrals were reported to hire 72% more candidates through this source every year as compared to those who don't.
How successful a referral program will be depends on a variety of factors.
The specifics concerning the permissible payment of referral fees to non-licensees in our three exemplar jurisdictions are set forth below.
The company reported that the top referral categories were for utility assistance, food assistance, housing and credit counseling, followed by employment resources, prescription drug assistance and rental housing.
A 2018 survey (1) reveals that only 60 percent of providers have access to an in-network provider directory, yet insufficient referral data remains a frequent source of frustration for providers and patients alike.
"A novel and straightforward spatial algorithm generated referral regions that were politically actionable and accountable for time-sensitive medical emergencies," the authors write.
Referrals of patients from basic to higher levels of care are an important part of allopathic health systems.
Referral myth #1: Asking for referrals is the easiest way to get referrals