performing loan

Performing Loan

A loan that is not in or near default. According to the International Monetary Fund, a performing loan is any loan in which: interest and principal payments are less than 90 days overdue; less than 90 days' worth of interest has been refinanced, capitalized, or delayed by agreement; and continued payment is anticipated. All conditions must be present for a loan to be performing. However, the specific definition is dependent upon the loan's particular terms.

performing loan

As defined by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, a loan that is less than 90 days past due, has not been placed on nonaccrual,or is not in workout status.

References in periodicals archive ?
Commercial banks in China are looking to clear non performing loan levels as much as possible.
Panjaitan said the company has to hammer out a deal this month to help alleviate the pressure of non performing loan on Bank Mandiri.
A market observer said that the non performing loan ratio in one of the banks in Guangzhou reached 50% because the bank mostly loaned to small and medium sized firms.
With the non performing loan sale, the Company would reduce its total level of non-performing residential first mortgage loans by 71%, and a further reduction of 13% due to the reclassification the available for sale category, for a total reduction of 84%.
Cunningham, president and chief executive officer, stated, "I am pleased with the sale and financing of the Williamsburg properties since that asset now becomes a performing loan, and equally pleased with the overall improvement in our interest rate GAP, especially in what appears to be a continuing rise in market interest rates.
8m, respectively, in 2015, by reducing their stock of performing loans, prompting banks to seek to extend healthy lending to other reliable customers, Central Bank of Cyprus data suggests.
The Co-op decided to reduce the lending rates on performing loans as follows:
Mercer said the weighted-average monthly price of impaired performing loans fell 20 basis points to 78.
At DebtX's loan sale marketplace, impaired performing loans were flat for the year, while non-performing loans declined 4.
Non performing loans have been hurting small and medium sized banks more because their spreads were lower, he said.
As confirmation that the seniors housing and care industry is continuing on its road to recovery, the percentage of reported performing loans were the best ever during the first quarter of 2005.
1 trillion yen in performing loans and nearly 100 billion yen in so-called second-category loans, or loans that require diligent monitoring or caution in recollection, they said.

Full browser ?