* To examine the relationship of perceived parenting styles of Naga fathers with the emotional adjustment of the adolescent kids
In the current study an attempt was made to assess the perceived parenting styles of Naga fathers and its association with the social and emotional adjustment of their children.
* Parenting Authority Questionnaire (PAQ) (Buri, 1991): to assess the perceived parenting styles of Naga fathers.
Ojha, 1968): to assess the social and emotional adjustment of the adolescents were administered to the adolescents.Simple percentages were worked out to find out the perceived parenting styles of Naga fathers.
Simple percentages were worked out to assess the perceived parenting styles of the Naga fathers.
For the analysis of relationship between the perceived parenting style and social adjustment, Pearson's correlation coefficient was computed.
According to Baumrind, parenting is characterized by different ratio of balance between responsiveness and demandingness by the parents in addition to psychological control exerted on the child.
* Authoritative -demanding and responsive style of parenting
* Authoritarian -demanding parenting style which is unresponsive to requirements of the child
* Permissive - parenting style opposite to authoritarian style i.e.
Despite having different parenting styles, all parents want to raise their children as happy and confident adults.
Yahaya and Nordin (2006) concluded that authoritative parenting style contributes to good level of motivation amongst the students.