loan portfolio

Loan Portfolio

The loans that a lender (or a buyer of loans) is owed. The loan portfolio is listed as an asset on the lender's or investor's balance sheet. The value of a loan portfolio depends on both the principal and interest owed and the average creditworthiness of the loans.

loan portfolio

Loans that have been made or bought and are being held for repayment. Loan portfolios are the major asset of banks, thrifts, and other lending institutions. The value of a loan portfolio depends not only on the interest rates earned on the loans, but also on the quality or likelihood that interest and principal will be paid.
References in periodicals archive ?
In December 2016, the NBC issued a prakas instructing all banks and MFIs to hold a minimum 10 per cent of their loan portfolio in riel.
Summary: In May 2019, the banking sector loan portfolio increased 14.8% y/y after growing 13.1% y/y in previous month, excluding the exchange rate effect.
During the first six months of this year, Azerbaijan's Agency for Agricultural Credits and Development increased its loan portfolio to 96.7 million manats, chairman of the agency Mirza Aliyev said at a press conference on the results of the first half of this year,Trendreports.
Of the QR955.73bn loan portfolio of commercial banks in Qatar, some 92% or QR874.75bn was domestic credit and the remaining 8% or QR80.98bn overseas credit.
'In the first quarter of 2019, our rural bank continued to normalize its public-school teacher financing program, we recovered from last year's first-quarter trading loss and continue to benefit from the seasoning of our consumer loan portfolio,' EastWest President and Deputy CEO Bobby S.
The increase in the net interest margin year-over-year was primarily due to rising interest rates, higher reinvestment rates on maturing securities, and loan portfolio mix, partially offset by deposit and funding mix.
In line with the expansion of the bank's loan portfolio, net interest income has been posting double-digit growth in the past years.
The reported interest income and yield on our loan portfolio are impacted by a number of components, including changes in the average contractual interest rate earned on loans and the amount of discount accretion on SBA loans.
Global Banking News-August 9, 2018--KBC Bank to sell loan portfolio
M2 EQUITYBITES-August 9, 2018--KBC Bank to sell loan portfolio
Italian mid-sized bank Credito Valtellinese (Creval) has said that it has sold a bad loan portfolio.
Holliday Fenoglio Fowler (HFF) has been named to market for sale a $48 million sub-debt portfolio along with a $31.4 million senior mortgage loan portfolio on behalf of Varde Partners.