Aspect Ratio

(redirected from letterbox)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Aspect Ratio

The ratio of the longer dimension of a shape to its shorter dimension. For example, if the length of a rectangle is three inches and its width is two inches, its aspect ratio is 1.5. This is used in graphic design and in measuring the size of products like paper. As such it can be important to advertising.
References in periodicals archive ?
Place the front section of the letterbox over the sleeve and there will be two holes on each side of the letterbox cover.
Furthermore, for those marketers who continue to ignore or misuse the letterbox as a mainstream marcoms medium, there will continue to be sub-optimisation of the returns on their marketing investment.
Although as much as 85% of Turner Classic Movies' monthly schedule of about 350 titles consists of pics made before the era of widescreen cameras, the other 15% automatically go out in letterbox.
But the letterbox disappeared down the garden path strangely stretching to the point of vanishing.
Firefighters had to cut the letterbox to free the teenager who was then taken to Warrington Hospital for a precautionary X-ray.
We decided that gifts that would go through a letterbox would be exactly right.
NICK Clegg claims he is so reviled over Government cuts that constituents spit at him and put dog dirt through his letterbox.
THE occupants of a Midlands home had a lucky escape after a firework was pushed through their letterbox.
A thief stole a Ford Galaxy earlier this week after pushing a fishing rod through the letterbox of a home in Southbank Road, Coundon, to get keys left near the front door.
A NEW stamp celebrating the Victorian letterbox is to be launched today.
Police had linked the explosion to a substance poured through the letterbox of number 21 but this has been ruled out.
Constables Ross McLelland and Eric McCann were caught in a marathon tug of war through a letterbox after the dog managed to snatch their patrol car keys.