References in periodicals archive ?
(330) Anti-Defamation League, Ecoterrorism: Extremism in the Animal Rights and Environmentalist Movements, http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/ecoterrorism.asp.
(302.) See Rutmanis, supra note 179 (arguing low-level punishments for ecoterrorism ineffective).
Whether construed as ecoterrorism or justified resistance, the more extremist acts demand ethical parameters that can constrain the acts themselves and the circumstances in which they may be undertaken (see Vanderheiden, 2005).
Senate Environment Committee Hearings on "Ecoterrorism"
Julian Zelazney, director of an organization that tracks ecoterrorism legislation, the State Environmental Resource Center, says, "They are right-wing ideologues with an agenda of rolling back regulations, privatizing resources, and finding the way to make the most money for business.
Pera, who planned to kill all humans except those vaccinated members of their ecoterrorism group.
All of these are examples of ecoterrorism. Incidents once relegated to the Pacific Northwest now have occurred in Arizona, Kentucky, Minnesota, Michigan and New York.
It may have been introduced via an infected human host, a bird that was transported by humans, a bird transported by storm, or possibly through intentional introduction, such as ecoterrorism.
"Activism is a loaded term, and is usually associated with illegal activities such as tree-spiking and ecoterrorism. But activism for Ecotopians means working and acting towards community building, sustainability, and social justice.
Ron Arnold, executive vice president for the Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise, calls all of it ecoterrorism, crimes committed to save nature.
Word: Ecoterrorism - acts of violence or obstruction by green activists.
Even national security is being viewed increasingly as an environmental issue, with multiple connections between environmental quality and security ranging from migrations to war to competition for resources to ecoterrorism such as the burning of oil wells in Kuwait during the Persian Gulf War.
Financial browser ?
- economic policy
- Economic Recovery Tax Act
- economic rent
- Economic rents
- Economic risk
- economic sanctions
- Economic shock
- Economic Slowdown
- economic statistics
- Economic stimulus
- Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
- Economic surplus
- economic system
- economic theory
- economic union
- economic value added
- Economic Variable
- economically active population
- economies of scale
- economies of scope
- Economies of vertical integration
- ECRI Index
- Ecuadorian Sucre
- EDGAR Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval System
- Edge Act
- Edge Act corporation
- Edge corporations
- Edgeworth box
- Education Expense
- Education IRA
- Education savings account
- Edward George
Full browser ?
- Ecosystems & Biogeochemical Dynamics Laboratory
- Ecosystems and Fisheries Management
- Ecosystems Assessment Branch
- EcoSystems Environmental, Inc.
- Ecosystems Interagency Working Group
- Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau
- Ecosystems Research and Development Service
- Ecosystems Research Branch
- Ecosystems Research Division
- Ecosystems, Biological Diversity and Health
- EcoTopia Science Institute