References in periodicals archive ?
(4) Initially, there is little to distinguish Dora, who never posts the letters paid for by the illiterate migrants, from the feudal-style landowner in Barren Lives, who swindles uneducated cowhands. A security guard in the Rio train station at the beginning of the film is even more ruthless than the equivalent cruel soldier in Barren Lives; after chasing down an older boy who has robbed a station vendor, the guard pulls his gun and executes the boy on the spot and in plain sight.
Thomas"--this CD has a new one, "Salvador"; an early recording featured a quirky choice of "I'm an Old Cowhand"--this has "Sweet Leilani" and "The Moon of Manakoora." But with Rollins it's never formulaic or trite, as his inventiveness transforms the material and he blows with the energy of timeless youth.
I had ridden horses in my youth, and I felt like a cowhand encountering his first Arabian after decades of riding crowbait from Kansas.
Coors Beer recently released an ad that showed a collage of real "empowered" women, including a firefighter, a professional dirt biker, surfer, cowhand and black belt karate instructor.
Proulx's panhandle, including the town of Woolybucket, where Bob settles, is filled with eccentric characters: Sheriff Hugh Dough and his aunts Ponola Dough and Dolly Cleat; blustering rival landowners Advance Slauter and Francis Scott Keister; ninety-year-old former cowhand Rope Butt; the mail carrier Doll McJunkin; Dutch immigrant Habakuk van Melkebeerk; itinerant windmiller Daisy Boy Pocock; LaVon's son Coolbrooth Fronk; Freda Beautyrooms, Ace Crouch, Vera Twombley ...
In the movie City Slickers, Jack Palance's character, Curly, the wiry, old cowhand, explains the secret to life to a citified Billy Crystal.
The actual cowhand of the 1860s to 1880s was most commonly a low-paid hired hand who withstood unending hard work and frequently had a short life expectancy, said art historian J.
Tenor Matthew Chellis (Ernesto) has a somewhat unusual vocal timbre, but he employed his clear, if somewhat unsubtle, sound to good comic effect as the cowhand nephew.
Joe related his many years of hard work, including his job as a cowhand. At that time, his knees became so arthritic he was almost ready for a wheelchair.
Katz further deflated the myth of the ruggedly individual Anglo-American cowboy when he reimagined the singing subject behind Johnny Mercer's staple from the frontier's musical mythos, "I'm an Old Cowhand." There was little that the American cowboy of pop lore had in common with the cowboy protagonist of Katz's parody.
Lee Marvin is superb as the simple cowhand, and Jeanne Moreau exudes the futility of hope in trying to transcend her "profession" as a soiled dove.
"An old cowhand comes riding into town on a hot, dusty day and stops in front of the saloon.
Financial browser ?
- Coverage initiated
- coverage ratio
- Coverage ratios
- Coverdell Education Savings Account
- Covered call
- covered call option
- Covered call writing strategy
- Covered foreign currency loan
- covered interest arbitrage
- Covered Interest Rate Parity
- Covered option
- Covered or hedge option strategies
- Covered position
- Covered put
- covered put option
- Covered Security
- Covered straddle
- Covered straddle write
- covered writer
- Cowboy Marketer
- Cowboy Marketing
- CPF Franc
- Crack Spread
- cradle-to-the-grave management
- cram down
- Cram-down deal
- Crawling peg
- crawling-peg exchange-rate system
Full browser ?
- Coweta County Soccer Association
- Coweta County, GA
- Coweta County, Georgia
- Cowgirl position
- cowhorn explorer
- cowhorn explorer
- cowhorn explorer
- Cowichan Community Land Trust Society
- Cowichan District Hospital
- Cowichan Indian sweater
- Cowichan Lake Community Forest Cooperative
- Cowichan Lake Information Access Society
- Cowichan Region Economic Development Commission
- Cowichan Rugby Football Club