Cheapskate


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Cheapskate

A slang term for a person or organization that spends less than it needs to. For example, a dentist who consistently orders an insufficient supply of cotton balls for patients' mouths may be considered a cheapskate. Being a cheapskate may cause more problems than it solves.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
We encourage everyone to embrace their inner cheapskate -- it's the Ollie's way," said Mark Butler, president and CEO, Ollie's Bargain Outlet.
While 70 percent of the items at Uptown Cheapskate are used, the other 30 percent are new products purchased in close-out sales from high-quality vendors like The Gap, Urban Outfitters and American Eagle.
Notable wines from past Cheapskate Marathons include: 94 point Cortona Sangiovese Baracchi Smeriglio 2010 (Top 100 Super Tuscan), Two Hands Wines Bella's Garden Shiraz Barossa Valley 2010 (#3 Top 100 WS 2012 and 95 rating), and Willamette Pinot Noir 2009.
TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy was last night branded a cheapskate for trying to sign Russian play-maker Andre i Arshavin for a pounds 12.
Cheapskate - Science and Love THE offspring of a shotgun wedding between Blue Note and indie, Cheapskate makes delicious, delightful music packedwith quirky, exuberant and interesting Scouse fare.
I have some of her books and I also receive her Cheapskate Monthly newsletter.
s cheapskate city government has killed the air show and failed for a generation to respond to the community's call for tougher rules on noisy jets.
Listening, I was acutely aware that the poppy in my lapel was last year's version, there not because I am a cheapskate but because, in a week's search, I hadn't come across a poppy seller.
For your information, the cheapskate American has amassed over pounds 5m in career
Thornton plays Lonnie Earl, cheapskate car dealer and clearly the worse half in his marriage to the well-meaning Darlene (Natasha Richardson).
A PENSIONER who cleans and re-uses dental floss 14 times has been named America's Cheapskate of the Year.