* 8mm Baile 1898 D--the Lebel and Berthier both used a rimmed, bottlenecked
cartridge with a case 51mm long topped with a 198-grain solid brass spitzer bullet moving at 2380 fps.
lines rebounded quickly after each bottleneck episode, so t can be directly equated to the number of bottleneck episodes (Nei et al.
Both used a rimmed bottlenecked
case 54mm long, but the 0-Patrone utilized a round-nosed, FMJ bullet weighing 210 grains moving at 1990 fps.
Lines are identified by two subscripts, the first identifying their source population and the second denoting the block number (e.g., [B.sub.12] would be bottlenecked
population 1 from block 2).
* Metak 7mm za pusku M.99--the Serbian version of this cartridge used a rimless, bottlenecked
case topped with a 173-grain round nosed, full metal-jacketed (FMJ) bullet at a rated muzzle of 2290 fps.
6.5x54 Schonauer--the Y:1903 chambered a proprietary cartridge with a rimless, 54mm long bottlenecked
case whose 159-grain round-nosed FMJ bullet had a muzzle velocity of 2225 fps.
* 8mm Balle 1898 "D"--the Lebel, Berthier and some Gras rifles fired a cartridge consisting of a 50mm, rimmed, bottlenecked
case loaded with a solid brass, 198-grain pointed, boattail bullet moving 2380 fps.
6.5mm Vergueiro) with a rimless, bottlenecked
case 58mm long that was topped with a 155-grain round-nosed, FMJ bullet moving at 2347 fps.
* 8mm Type 45--this cartridge consisted of a rimmed, bottlenecked
case 50mm in length loaded with a 239-grain round-nosed.
90--the Vetterli's cartridge consisted of rimmed, bottlenecked
case 47mm long loaded with a 313-grain round-nosed, lead bullet which 62-grains of blackpowder propelled to approximately 1400 fps.
* 7.65mm Kartus 1890 & 1903--Turkish Mausers used the 7.65x53 Mauser cartridge with a bottlenecked
, rimless case whose 211-grain, round-nosed, full metal jacketed (FMJ) bullet attained a muzzle velocity of 2130 fps.
1874--the Gras cartridge has a rimmed, bottlenecked
case measuring 59mm, loaded with a 387-grain lead bullet that an 81-grain charge of blackpowder propelled to a velocity of 1490 fps.