Wiener Börse(redirected from Wiener Börse AG)
Wiener Börse (Austrian Stock Exchange)
Established in 1771, the major securities market of Austria.
Copyright © 2012, Campbell R. Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
Vienna Stock Exchange
The only stock exchange in Austria and one of the largest in eastern Europe. Established in 1771 as a forum for selling state bonds, it is now responsible for approximately 60% of Austria's stock trade, with the remaining 40% being over-the-counter. Stocks, bonds, options, and futures trade on the Vienna Stock Exchange; all trading occurs electronically. It serves as the primary sponsor for other exchanges in eastern Europe, notably the Zagreb Stock Exchange and the Budapest Stock Exchange.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved