References in periodicals archive ?
The average 'estimated time floating' for washups in the Finger Lakes is 33.29 hr.
Thirty-two species of Coccinellidae representing 17 genera have been reported from washups (Oliver, 1943; Lee, 1980; Schaefer et al., 1987; Turnock, 1996; Nalepa et al., 1998).
Species native to the Finger Lakes region that were collected in washups by other researchers but were conspicuously absent from our study include; Anatis mali, Adalia bipunctata, Coccinella transversoguttata, C.
The washups we found in the Finger Lakes provide evidence contradictory to the expectations of several hypotheses concerning the cause of this phenomenon.
High or complete mortality at washups has been reported in several studies (Lee, 1980; Nalepa et al., 1998: Oliver, 1943; Schaefer et al., 1987).
An unknown weather or wind condition has been invoked as the cause of washups by several authors (Lee, 1980; Schaefer et al., 1987; Turnock, 1996).
The implications of ladybug washups for other members of the ecological community are intriguing.
Ladybug washups can occasionally cause massive loss of life, which raises conservation concerns.
Collection data for species found in washups in the Finger Lakes Region in order of abundance.
Key words: Coccinellidae, ladybug, washup, Finger Lakes, Lake Breeze.
A prerequisite to a massive washup is an equally large coccinellid flight.
Washup data were collected in the Finger Lakes region of New York whenever weather conditions and resources allowed between 5/23/2008 and 8/ 12/2008.
Financial browser ?
- Warm Card
- Warm Color
- warrant agreement
- Warrant Coverage
- warrant leverage ratio
- warrant premium
- Warrantable Condo
- Warranted Growth Rate
- warranty deed
- warranty of habitability
- Warranty of Merchantability
- Warren Buffett
- Warsaw Convention
- Warsaw Pact
- Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Wash sale
- wash trade
- Washington Quarter
- Washington, D.C. v. Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Wash-Sale Rule
- Waste Circulation
- wasting asset
- Wasting Trust
- watch list
- Watchdog Group
- water and sewer bond
- Water Backup and Sump Overflow
- Water Bill
- Water Damage Insurance
- Water Exclusion Clause
- Water in the Tariff
- water line capacity
- Water Pollution Liability
- Water Quality Improvement Act of 1970
- Water Quality Insurance Syndicate
- water rights
- water table
- Watercraft Endorsement
- Watercraft Nonowned Insurance
- watered stock
- Watermelon Note
- waters of the United States
Full browser ?
- Washtenaw County
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Washtenaw County Building Department
- Washtenaw County Consortium for Solid Waste Management
- Washtenaw County Farm Bureau
- Washtenaw County Historic District Commission
- Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission
- Washtenaw County, MI
- Washtenaw County, Michigan
- Washtenaw Development Center
- Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District
- Washtenaw Land Trust
- Washtenaw Learning Disabilities Association
- Washtenaw Linux Users Group
- Washtenaw Technical Middle College
- Washtenaw Youth Mentoring Coalition
- Washtub bass
- Washwood Heath Technology College
- Wasilla Airport
- Wasilla Area Seniors, Inc.
- Wasilla Lake Christian School
- Wasim Akram
- Wasim Akram
- Wasington D.C.
- Wasington DC
- Wasington, DC
- Waskaganish, Quebec
- Waskaganish, Quebec, Canada - Waskaganish