References in periodicals archive ?
One traveler told of meeting him on a steamer when he was on his way to investigate a murder, together with a clerk from the volost' where the crime had been committed.
Rather, they turned to the established village administrative institutions, the volost courts and land captains, to resolve their disputes.
Second, as Rempel explained, "wherever an ethnic or denominational group of colonists, comprising a varying number of communities, had constituted a separate administrative district, this unit of local self-government was left intact." The name of the unit may have been changed to the Russian term volost' (canton), and official communication with the authorities was now in Russian rather than German, but its "autonomous status in regard to purely local issues concerning education, health, welfare, insurance, etc., was left largely undisturbed." (45)
(12) Calling for freedom of the press and of conscience, as well as a basic national education system, Arsen'ev also demanded the lowering of property requirements for zemstvo elections and the creation of the all-estate volost', a local administrative unit smaller than the zemstvo that would serve as a grassroots peasant-dominated institution.
Ianin claimed that the trouble began when the secretary of the Pitelinskii district party committee was replaced by one Fediaev "who was considered a talentless worker even in the volost' (district)." According to Ianin's recollection, the new chairman of the district soviet executive committee was a "mediocre" member of the local police, one Subbotin, who had been transferred to Pitelino from Shatsk--in other words, both incompetent and an outsider.
En su trabajo Crime, Cultural Conflict and Justice in Rural Rusia 1856-1914 Frank examina que el sistema judicial rural, como el ruso zarista, fue influido grandemente por los valores comunales, especialmente en las estancias denominadas "Volost Court" o cortes populares.
April 8, 1918 decree of the Council of People's Commissars were established volost, county, provincial and district commissariats for military affairs.
A number of scholars have used volost' courts to show how rural lower-class residents engaged actively and meaningfully with state structures.
 This is hard to reconcile with the author's statement that volost' county clerks "were often the only literate figures within township administrations (especially before the 1890's)" (p.
Electronic auction: 0785- / provision of services for the delineation of water protection zones and the boundaries of the coastal protective bands of the volost river and its tributaries: the yazovets, brekhod, koldovnya, mutenka, ozernaya (kamenka), mokregach, middle, kamenka, svetelyka and tributaries of less than 10 kilometers on the territory of the smolensk region, the total length of the watercourses is 213.5 km, the length of the coastline is 427 km
In 1782, Count James Bruce, governor-general of Novgorod and Tver', reported to the Senate on an event in the village of Valukhino in Vaksalovskaia Canton (volost').
For state peasants, the volost' (subdistrict), consisting of a group of villages, was the basic unit.
Financial browser ?
- VIX Index
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- voice messaging
- Voice of America
- voice over IP
- voidable preference
- Volatile Market
- Volatility Quote Trading
- Volatility risk
- Volatility Swap
- Volume counting
- volume deleted
- Volume discount
- Volume Index
- Volume Merchandise Allowance
- Volume Price Trend Indicator
- Volume Rate of Change
- Volume Weighted Average Price
- volume-weighted average price
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- voluntary accumulation plan
- voluntary alienation
- Voluntary Arrangement
- voluntary bankruptcy
- Voluntary Compensation Endorsement
- Voluntary Compliance
- Voluntary Conveyance
- Voluntary Deductible Employee Contribution Plan
- Voluntary Deferral Plan
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association
- Voluntary Exchange
- voluntary export restraint
- Voluntary Government Insurance
Full browser ?
- Volontaire de Solidarité Internationale
- Volontaire du Progrès
- Volontaire du Service National Actif
- Volontaire du Service National en Entreprise
- Volontaire International
- Volontaires des Nations Unies
- Volontaires Tiers-Monde
- Volontari Difesa Confini Italiani
- Volontari in Servizio Permanente
- Volontari Italiani Scuola Beato Angelico
- Volontari Italiani Solidarietà Paesi Emergenti
- Volontariat International en Administration
- Volontariat International en Enteprise
- Volontariato Internazionale Donna Educazione Sviluppo
- Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo
- Volonté générale
- Volonterski Centar Zagreb
- Volos, Greece
- Volos, Greece
- Voloshin, Maksimilian
- Voloshin, Maksimilian Aleksandrovich
- Voloskov, Terentii
- Voloskov, Terentii Ivanovich
- Volosovo Culture
- Volost administration
- Volost Assembly
- Volost Court
- Volost Official
- Volost Schools
- Volostnoi Starshina
- Volpe National Transportation System Center
- Volpe, Anthony R
- Volpe, Anthony R.
- Volpe, Gioacchino
- Volpe-Manhold Index
- Volpe-Manhold Index