Unencumbered Balance

Unencumbered Balance

In government accounting, an amount appropriated for a project or department that has not been spent and has not been earmarked for a specific task.
References in periodicals archive ?
The senior unsecured debt rating and the Recovery Rating are also sensitive to changes in the level of unencumbered balance sheet assets available for unsecured creditors.
stakes, and "an unencumbered balance sheet, which should enable the company to re-finance near-term debt".
The newer entrants also came in with unencumbered balance sheets at a time of higher prices.
Only 75% of the unencumbered balance in the discretionary account is available for incentive payments; the remaining 25% must stay in the discretionary account to cover any encumbered or unanticipated program/division needs.
The ratings of the senior unsecured debt are also sensitive to the level of unencumbered balance sheet assets available for unsecured creditors.
The ratings of the senior unsecured debt and medium-term notes are sensitive to changes in BOC Aviation's IDR and the level of unencumbered balance sheet assets available in a stressed scenario, relative to outstanding debt.
Sustained generation of operating margins at or above a break-even level, coupled with gradual growth in unencumbered balance sheet resources.
The ratings of the senior unsecured debt are sensitive to changes in ACG's IDR and the level of unencumbered balance sheet assets available in a stressed scenario, relative to outstanding debt.
Delaware's premier credit standing centers on its considerable economic and financial resources, as well as institutionalized protections designed to ensure surplus operations, including the limit on appropriations to 98% of estimated revenue and unencumbered balance.
With acceptable refinancing, profitability is expected to be $5,900,000 and unencumbered balance sheet assets are today estimated to be in excess of $10,000,000.
The company's continued excellent performance is attributable to well-established underwriting and risk management controls, an unencumbered balance sheet, recruitment of select underwriting teams and selective acquisitions of admitted and non-admitted reinsurance companies in the United States.
AWAC continues to exhibit the benefits of an unencumbered balance sheet while also benefiting from associations with its sponsors.