References in periodicals archive ?
According to statists, individuals' lives and goals don't matter.
Part II develops a partial critique and a partial defense of both statist and cosmopolitan theories, whereas in part III Ypi presents her version of statist cosmopoltanism and avant-garde political theory.
And Burkean conservatives in Eastern Europe must compete not only with the nationalist far right but also with other rightwing groupings that are statist but not explicitly ethnocentric, such as Hungary's Fidesz party.
The new "hope and change" statists are just warmed-over ancient utopians, Levin states.
economy, are somewhat less vulnerable, but if the Bush administration's policy of favoring right-wing statists over the private sector continues, their vulnerability will go up.
Under present day circumstances, statists and confessionals may establish a joint log roll, but agreements with liberalizers are more difficult to form.
The "statists"-a broad coalition of security and administrative officials and nationalist intellectuals-hope Putin will restore Russia as a great power or become, as a young KGB general told me, "Vladimir the Savior." The statists see themselves as the only true patriots who can save Russia from the collapse, corruption and weakness they see as Yeltsin's legacy.
His final two chapters are entitled "Sixties Freedom" and "Conservative Freedom." He concludes the former by stating emphatically that the Freedom Movement, the Women's Movement, and the New Left made the United States "more open and tolerant," that is, "a freer country." On the conservative ascendance (though he cannot resist occasional sarcasm), he fully acknowledges the New Right's skill in laying claim to the rhetoric of liberty and portraying liberals and leftists as anti-freedom statists and egalitarians.
Ericson does not think that Meiji government had a negative attitude toward private enterprise as the statists did.
Statists do not speak of government as a collection of bureaucrats, agencies, and limited constitutional powers, but as the embodiment of the collective good--as community itself.
Especially important is the charge leveled by statists and others that societal approaches systematically underestimate the effects of two factors that regulate the provision of protection: state interests with respect to trade policy and domestic institutions.(11) Analyses that emphasize state interests generally focus on the roles of politicians and policymakers in the formation of trade policy, holding constant societal pressures.
Next, having described as centrist the position of Gorbachev and his supporters, Dunlop delineates the basic features of their chief political rivals whom he defines as democrats, advocates of multiparty democracy and a market economy, and statists, a coalition of conservatives opposed both to democratization and the reform communism of Gorbachev.
Financial browser ?
- statement of account
- statement of additional information
- Statement of Auditing Standards
- statement of cash flows
- Statement of condition
- Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 52
- Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 8
- statement of financial condition
- statement of financial position
- statement of retained earnings
- Statement-of-Cash-Flows Method
- Static theory of capital structure
- Stationary time series
- Statistical Arbitrage
- statistical inference
- Statistical Massage
- Statistical Office of the European Community
- statistical quality control
- Statistical tracking error
- Statisticne regije
- Statutami mesto
- statute law
- Statute of Frauds
- statute of limitations
- statute of repose
- Statute of Uses
- Statutory Accounting Principles
- Statutory debt limit
- statutory dedication
- Statutory Employee
- statutory foreclosure
- statutory formats
- statutory investment
- statutory lien
- Statutory merger
- statutory right of redemption
- Statutory surplus
- statutory union recognition procedure
- Statutory voting
- Staying power
- Steady state
Full browser ?
- Statistics, Construction
- Statistics, Cultural
- Statistics, Financial
- Statistics, Foreign Trade
- Statistics, Housing
- Statistics, Industrial
- Statistics, International
- Statistics, Judicial
- Statistics, Labor
- Statistics, Mathematical
- Statistics, Medical
- Statistics, Medical
- Statistics, Military
- Statistics, National Income
- Statistics, Operations and Management Science
- Statistics, Probability and Operations Research
- Statistics, Trade
- Statistics, Transport
- Statistics, Veterinary
- Statistik Profil Rakyat Miskin
- Statistique et Sciences de La Vie
- Statistique Medicale En Ligne
- Statistique Nationale Inter Régime
- Statistiques et Finances Locales
- Statistisches Bundesamt
- Statistisches Bundesamt Deutschland
- Statistisk sentralbyrå
- Statistiska centralbyrån
- Statius, Publius Papinius
- Statius, Publius Papinius
- Stative verb
- Statkraft Norfund Power Invest
- Statlig sektorns arbetsmiljönämnd
- Statna Vedecka Kniznica Kosice
- Statni Bezpecnost
- Statni Fond Zivotniho Prostredi
- Statni Technicka Knihovna
- Statní Ústav Pro Kontrolu Léiv
- Statny Institut Odborneho Vzdelavania
- Stato Ambientale dei Corsi d'Acqua
- Stato Avanzamento Lavoro
- Stato Citta' del Vaticano
- Stato della Chiesa