Royal Bank of Scotland

(redirected from RBS Aviation)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.

Royal Bank of Scotland

A major retail bank in the United Kingdom. Established in 1727, it gradually expanded its operations throughout the rest of the British Isles. It is one of three banks permitted to issue banknotes in Scotland. It was the world's first bank to offer customers an overdraft facility, which it has done since the year after it opened.
References in periodicals archive ?
The other staff to share in the $7 million pay pot worked with Slattery at the Dublin-headquartered RBS Aviation Capital.
Meanwhile, a widespread overhaul at the bank, currently ongoing, includes trimming the size of its investment banking arm and selling non-core businesses - such as RBS Aviation for nearly PS5 billion earlier this year - to focus on high street services in the UK.
s aircraft-leasing subsidiary RBS Aviation Capital for roughly 570 billion yen and launched SMBC Aviation Capital, under which the aircraft leasing businesses of the three Sumitomo firms will be integrated.
The widespread overhaul at the bank includes trimming the size of its investment banking arm, selling non-core businesses - such as RBS Aviation for nearly PS5bn earlier this year - and focusing on high street services in the UK.
The overhaul at the bank includes focusing on high street services in the UK and selling non-core businesses, like they did earlier this year when aircraft leasing company RBS Aviation were sold for nearly PS5billio n.
BANKING AND CREDIT NEWS-June 7, 2012--JBIC, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking to provide funding for RBS Aviation buy(C)2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.
M2 EQUITYBITES-June 7, 2012--JBIC, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking to provide funding for RBS Aviation buy(C)2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.
The transaction for RBS Aviation Capital, the world's fourth-largest aircraft leasing comapny, was agreed in January.
Under the agreed terms, SMFG will take 70% of RBS Aviation Capital, while Sumitomo will buy the other 30%, the buyers said.
2bn after it agreed to sell Dublin-based RBS Aviation Capital to Japanese bank Sumitomo Mitsui for pounds 4.
to acquire the bank's aircraft-leasing subsidiary RBS Aviation Capital.
RBS Aviation Capital Attempts to sell RBS Aviation Capital for USD500 million are set to resume after being called off in April as a result of financial market difficulties and uncertainty surrounding the UK general election in May, according to sources.