piggyback loan(redirected from Piggy Back Loan)
A loan for a portion of the value of a home over and above the traditional mortgage. In general, one must have a 20% down payment to purchase a home and one finances the remaining 80%. A piggyback loan allows one to borrow at least a portion of the remaining 20% (though at a higher interest rate than the remainder of the mortgage). A piggyback loan is an alternative to private mortgage insurance. It may allow more people to purchase their own homes.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved
A combination of a construction loan and a permanent loan commitment.
The Complete Real Estate Encyclopedia by Denise L. Evans, JD & O. William Evans, JD. Copyright © 2007 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.