Nonfinancial assets

Nonfinancial assets

Physical assets such as real estate and machinery.

Nonfinancial Asset

In accounting, any asset that can be seen and touched. Non-financial assets include things that can be reproduced, such as widgets in a widget factory, and things than cannot be reproduced, such as the land upon which the widget factory is built. Non-financial assets are comparatively easy to price and, therefore, are often used to express the value of a company. However, because they do not include intangible (but still valuable) things like stocks and bonds, they may not truly express a company's value.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
In a new study, they analyze the investment performance of nonfinancial assets such as housing, collectibles and precious metals.
They say in a suit filed at the Milimani High Court, Nairobi, that they recently looked into Velox and discovered that it is only licensed to deal in nonfinancial assets, meaning the firm has been illegally collecting funds from Kenyans with the promise of high returns after investing their money in bitcoins.
Durbin continued with a discussion of a new term in GAAP, the "in-substance nonfinancial asset." This is an asset in which substantially all the fair value is concentrated in nonfinancial assets, and therefore, when sold, would be derecognized according to the guidance for nonfinancial assets rather than financial assets.
Fixed assets are produced nonfinancial assets that are used repeatedly, or continuously, in processes of production for more than 1 year.
The rise of shareholder value as the key metric for assessing stock price requires managers to consider adding value-oriented information to their corporate reports--such as the ways in which nonfinancial assets are expected to provide economic value and how today's innovation will translate into tomorrow's cash flow.
PDIC is tasked to dispose of the nonfinancial assets of shuttered banks.
Countries Explore Sales of Nonfinancial Assets to Help Reduce Debt
At the same time, the top 10% also owned nonfinancial assets (including primary residences) with a median value of $756,400 -- nearly six times the value held by the other 90%.
The Deloitte report also warns that economic pressures inevitably raise the risk of impairment of financial and nonfinancial assets. Investors need to know whether market prices have dropped, whether overstretched equipment could become compromised, whether cash flows have shifted, whether investments (especially sovereign debt) are, and will be, as good as they used to look.
The report also showed that the value of nonfinancial assets increased from pounds 533billion in 1948 to pounds 2.88 trillion in 2008.
The report -Capital Stocks, Capital Consumption and Non Financial Balance Sheets - also showed the value of nonfinancial assets increased from pounds 533bn in 1948 to pounds 2.88 trillion in 2008.
(22) net worth (t) = = net nonfinancial assets (t) + net financial worth (t) = assets (t) - liabilities (t) or, equivalently (14),