Non-Tax Revenue


Also found in: Encyclopedia.

Non-Tax Revenue

Money that a government takes in by means other than taxation. Examples of non-tax revenue include bond issues and profits from state-owned companies. Some government agencies earn non-tax revenue through user fees. For example, a bank regulator may charge the banks that it regulates some percentage of their assets for the privilege of being regulated. Some of these revenues are mandated, while others are offered as an incentive. For example, these banks may be incentivized to pay the fees in exchange for eligibility for deposit insurance.
References in periodicals archive ?
"Hours before Senate budget-writers publicly discuss their search for non-tax revenue, the House Appropriations Committee is laying out bills to do the same." - Finding non-tax revenue, House-style, Texas Politics
The government's non-tax revenue amounted to Rs 378.234 billion, including Rs 348.674 billion from federal non-tax revenue and Rs 38.560 billion from the provincial non-tax revenue.
The proposed programme would seek an increase in own source revenue, both tax and non-tax, through expanding the tax base without imposing new taxes or raising tax rates, reflecting the broad base, low rate principle; enhancing the institutional capacity for tax collection by enhancing business intelligence using ICT; facilitate taxpayer voluntary compliance by making it convenient for taxpayers to discharge their legal obligations and reduce the costs involved in tax compliance; and mobilise non-tax revenue to increase the yield of existing sources of non-tax revenues and tap into new sources that could support a sustained growth of provincial revenue.
In the plan's mid-term review published today, the Ministry of Economic Affairs is planning to increase the contribution of indirect taxes and non-tax revenue such as licenses, permits, fees and rentals, in addition to suggesting tax on online transactions.
Non-tax revenue from other offices amounted to P50.4 billion, up 32 percent year-on-year.
Overall revenue fell an annual 3.5 per cent to over e1/45.6bn in January to November, mainly on decreased non-tax revenue, the ministry said in statement on its website on Thursday.
16.1% of non-tax revenue for the year have been fulfilled by February, against 14.3% last year.
They cannot adopt anything they find, but at the very least, they'll be able to hand the list over to the House with the idea that "non-tax revenue" is a preferable alternative to cutting this program or that one.
Out of the total non-tax revenue, the mark up (provinces) was recorded at 16, 221 million while the mark-up of PSEs and others stood at Rs87, 769 million.
The ratio of non-tax revenue to GDP has also decreased from 3.5pc in 2012-13 to 3pc in 2016-17.
Primarily, the transaction will be a book management which was aimed at getting an extra Rs100 billion from the central bank to meet non-tax revenue shortfalls.
About 53 percent of the proposed executive budget for next year will be funded by the Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) share of the city while the remaining 47 percent will be taken from the projected income that the city will generate from its tax and non-tax revenue collections.