References in periodicals archive ?
On the Peripatetic view of ostracism, see Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, The Nomoi of Theophrastus (Salem, N.
In effect, Tellus is celebrated as an ideal citizen who lived in complete accordance with the Athenian nomoi.
a) Institucionalizar juridicamente el caracter nomoi no solo de la comunidad dominante, sino tambien de la comunidad minoritaria mapuche, por un reconocimiento general de potestades normativas que de lugar a una genuina jurisdiccion pluralista que excede, por cierto, la muy limitada aplicacion de los articulos 9 y 10 del Convenio 169 de la OIT;
Teloh finds three strands confusingly mixed up in Euthyphro's justification for his case against his father: (1) literal interpretations of Homer and Hesiod; (2) an old fashioned fear of blood pollution; and (3) a concern for the laws or nomoi of the city: as the traditional gods were closely aligned with the city, Euthyphro sees himself as a protector of these civic laws.
60) Those who take seriously the view that the state is not all there is, that it is not the only meaningful source of law, still generally display both a genuine concern for the rights of individuals within those separate institutions or nomoi, and a belief that the state has a crucial role to play in safeguarding individual rights, even if it requires intervention into those institutions.
Y los nomoi dejan paso al ultimo mundo, el propiamente humano: el simbolico.
Thus construed, freedom becomes tantamount to auto-nomy (and not anomy), because it is the agent (or, more specifically, his proairesis) that determines the nomoi by which his actions are to be guided (Cf.
os nomoi humanamente construidos ganham um status cosmico" (Ibid.
It is, in other words, about the cutting up, division of the social, 'of the world (de monde) and of people (dtv monde), the nemein upon which the nomoi of the community are founded' (Ranciere 2010, p.
Law, as Robert Cover famously observed, is "jurispathic": It kills the nomoi that emerge from different communities en route to establishing its own hegemonic norm.
Essas regras nao escritas, que os gregos ja denominavam agrafa nomoi, as leis nao divulgadas que regem a polis, parecem estar vinculadas diretamente as possibilidades de aplicacao de qualquer juizo etico.
136) Herodotus is thus stating that the Egyptians' nomoi regarding sexual taboos related to religious places are like the Hellenes'.
Financial browser ?
- Nominal cash flow
- nominal consideration
- Nominal dollars
- nominal exchange rate
- nominal exercise price
- Nominal GDP
- nominal group technique
- Nominal income
- nominal interest rate
- nominal ledger
- nominal partner
- nominal price
- Nominal quotation
- nominal quote
- nominal rate of protection
- nominal return
- Nominal value
- nominal values
- Nominal yield
- Nominee Dividend
- nominee holding
- Nominee Interest
- Nominee Name
- Non Performing Loan
- Non Resident Alien
- Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier
- Non Vessel Operating Common Carriers
- nonaccelerating inflation rate of unemployment
- Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment
- Nonaccredited investor
- Non-Accredited Investor
- Nonaccrual Loan
- Nonactionable Subsidy
- Nonaligned Movement
- nonassessable capital stock
- nonassumption clause
- Nonbank Bank
- Nonbank banks
- Nonboard Company
- Nonborrowed Reserves
- Nonbusiness Bad Debts
- Nonbusiness Expense Deduction
- Nonbusiness Income
- Non-Callable Bond
Full browser ?
- Nomor Induk Guru Nasional
- Nomor Induk Registrasi Mahasiswa
- Nomor Induk Siswa Nasional
- Nomor Pendaftaran Wajib Pajak
- Nomor Pengenal Importir Khusus
- Nomor Pokok Pengusaha Kena Pajak
- Nomor Pokok Sekolah Nasional
- Nomor Pokok Wajib Pajak
- Nomor Pokok Wajib Pajak Daerah
- Nomor Pokok Wajib Retribusi Daerah
- Nomor Pokok Wajib Zakat
- Nomos Publishers