References in periodicals archive ?
The Namibian operation was hard hit last year by the strengthening of the South African currency, to which the Namibian dollar is tied in the rand-led common monetary area.
Namibia is not in plans to delink the Namibian dollar from the South African Rand despite costs involved in the arrangement, said the central bank s director of strategic communication and financial sector development Ndangi Katoma on Monday.
The Namibian Dollar has depreciated by about 18% to the US Dollar since the beginning of this year.
The Namibian dollar, Lesotho's maluti, and Swaziland's lilangeni are all pegged to and rise and fall in line with the rand.
More records can be noted in the books of the swakara industry, with the highest average price in Namibian Dollar ever paid for swakara pelts and the highest price in Namibian Dollar ever for a lot of white pelts at the April pelt auction in Copenhagen.
Importers, however, were constrained by higher financing costs, the depreciation of the Namibian dollar and weak domestic demand.
With this agreement, business people and traders will be able to legally exchange local currencies in either country, putting an end to the practice were traders have to buy US dollars before converting them into Angolan kwanza or Namibian dollar.
In the case of Namibia the depreciating Namibian dollar may hopefully improve export earnings this year.
Yet this is still better than the 45% fall in the local index of the NSE last year further compounded for foreign investors by the steep depreciation of the Namibian dollar against the US dollar last year.
The impact in Namibia can be attributed mainly to the depreciating value of the Namibian dollar.
A probable appreciation of the Namibian dollar may resist some of the inflationary impact originating from the mentioned pressures.
The results were achieved despite an increase in operating costs attributed mainly to the depreciation of the Namibian dollar against the Euro and the US$ and the high sin tax of up to 40% imposed by the Botswana Government, a key export market.
Financial browser ?
- Naked Call
- Naked Debenture
- Naked Intervention
- naked option
- Naked option strategies
- Naked Option Strategy
- naked position
- Naked Put
- naked short
- Naked Short Seller
- Naked Short Selling
- Naked strategies
- Naked Swap
- naked title
- Naked Trust
- naked writer
- Name Position Bond
- Name Schedule Bond
- Named Insured
- Named Nonowner Coverage
- Named perils insurance
- Named perils policy
- Namibian Dollar
- Nano Cap
- Naples Terms
- NAPM Index
- narrative report
- narrow basis
- Narrow market
- Narrow Money
- narrow the spread
- Narrow-Based Weighted Average
- Narrowing the spread
- Narrow-Range Securities
- NASD Dispute Resolution, Inc.
- NASD form FR-1
- NASD Regulation, Inc.
Full browser ?
- Namibia Federation of Trade Unions
- Namibia Heroes Day
- Namibia Housing Action Group
- Namibia Institute for Democracy
- Namibia Integrated Health Programme
- Namibia National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Namibia National Farmers Union
- Namibia Nature Foundation
- Namibia Network of AIDS Service Organisations
- Namibia Non-Governmental Organisations Forum
- Namibia Post
- Namibia Post and Telecom Holdings
- Namibia Red Cross Society
- Namibia Rural Development Project
- Namibia Scientific Society
- Namibia Standards Information and Quality Office
- Namibia Training Authority
- Namibia-Finland Forestry Programme
- Namibian Agricultural Union
- Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations
- Namibian Association of Differently Abled Women
- Namibian Basketball Federation
- Namibian Biotechnology Alliance
- Namibian Broadcasting Corporation
- Namibian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Namibian Copper Corporation Limited
- Namibian Copper Joint Venture
- Namibian Dollar
- Namibian Economic Policy Research Unit
- Namibian Education Research Association
- Namibian Farmers' Support Initiative
- Namibian Food and Allied Workers Union
- NAmibian Hang- and Paragliding Association
- Namibian Information Workers' Association
- Namibian Maritime and Fisheries Institute
- Namibian National Association of the Deaf
- Namibian National Biodiversity Programme
- Namibian Press Agency
- Namibian Society of Composers and Authors of Music
- Namibië Wetenskaplike Vereniging
- Namibische Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft
- Namier, Lewis Bernstein
- Namier, Sir Lewis Bernstein
- Namik Kemal