Eritrean Nakfa

(redirected from Nafka)

Eritrean Nakfa

The currency of Eritrea. It was introduced in 1997, replacing the Ethiopian birr. It is issued by the Bank of Eritrea and is pegged to the U.S. dollar.
References in periodicals archive ?
The researcher has mentioned two things which are among the principles of Islam, i) Parda, ii) Nano Nafka. Women's population is increasing rapidly and they are more than half of the world, especially when we talk about the Muslim world they are round about 60% and remaining 40% men.
South Sudan, for example, uses the South Sudanese pound; Eritrea uses the Eritrean nafka; and every former Soviet state has issued its own currency, from the Latvian lat to the Tajik somoni.
Ramonti, who is by the Italian-raced Marju horse Martino Alonso, beat Nafka by five lengths in the Listed Premio Daumier over today's course and distance a fortnight ago.