Growth Accounting


Also found in: Wikipedia.

Growth Accounting

The study and analysis of factors affecting economic growth. For example, growth accounting may measure things like productivity and growth of capital in order to account for changes to the gross domestic product of a country or region.
References in periodicals archive ?
The aim of this project is to provide DG ECFIN with a comprehensive set of reliable data for productivity measures and growth accounting. The work will in various aspects go beyond the officially available data, notably regarding the length of time series, the consistent application of industry and asset breakdowns, the quality adjustment of labour input measures and the respective attribution of wage shares, estimations of investments, consumption of fixed capital and capital stock.
Saba (2016) estimated the total factor productivity of Indian economy by using growth accounting approach for the period 1961 to 2008.
The analyst sees organic revenue growth accounting for all of his expected 5.5%-6% increase in sales and operating margin expansion of 50bps to 32.2%, citing its recent announcement of a multi-year enterprise level agreement that makes the company the primary market data provider for Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
This work links a range of research areas--such as growth accounting, skill development, higher education, and immigration--and also examines how well students are being prepared for the world of work now and in the future.
On a cumulative basis, total resident deposits grew by LP 3,425 billion since the beginning of the year 2018, with foreign currency deposits growth capturing 60.5% of the total growth (the equivalent of US$ 1,374 million), and total LP deposits growth accounting for the remaining 39.5% (the equivalent of LP 1,353 billion).
NMC Health, a private healthcare operator in the GCC, has reported revenues increased by 20.2 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to $932 million for the first half of the year (H1), with organic growth accounting for 13.4 per cent of the rise.
Total revenue was APS36.1m, up 33% on the 2017 figure of APS27.1m, with organic growth accounting for 11% of that increase.
But growth accounting and national accounts currently only include R&D, software and mineral exploration in measured capital input.
The issue was originally solved by growth accounting that assesses how growth rates of labor, capital and technological progress contribute to the GDP growth rate (e.g., Barro 1999).
There has been much controversy about whether and how such quality adjusted price or quantity estimates should be used in growth accounting (see Denision (5,6) for instance).
Economic Analyses Using the Overlapping Generations Model and General Equilibrium Growth Accounting for the Japanese Economy: Population, Agriculture and Economic Development
The general economic performance of the countries are assessed for the period under question; economic development is considered in relation to key indicators, including gross domestic product, private consumption, government consumption, fixed investment, exports, and imports; and a growth accounting method is used in order to identify the sources of growth in relation to capital and labor inputs and total factor productivity growth.