Focused Fund

Focused Fund

A mutual fund that invests in only a few stocks. That is, a focused fund may only hold positions in 10 to 30 stocks, as opposed to the several hundred that most mutual funds have. A focused fund intends to invest only in the stocks of the highest quality, and often engages in rigorous research prior to entering a position on a stock. Ideally, this will guarantee a solid return; however, critics contend that focused funds are deliberately undiversified, and are therefore exposed to a large amount of risk.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved
References in periodicals archive ?
'Ubhar GCC Fund began as an Omani focused fund, with 75 per cent of investments in Oman and the remaining 25 per cent spread across the GCC.
Summary: New Delhi [India], May 14 (ANI-Newsvoir): Early stage Venture Capital Fund, YourNest has further strengthened its vision of being a 'Nurture Capital' focused fund for startups in India by launching the coveted Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) program.
As part of the programme each new startup will receive an investment of up to $150,000 in funding from 500 Startups Mena focused fund and 500 Falcons, in addition to significant hands on mentorship and advice on growth.
Silicon Valley based 500 Startups, a leading early-stage venture capital firm in Mena, has announced an investment of up to $150,000 to 12 regional startups each in funding in from its focused fund 500 Falcons.
AIIM's investment in Amandi is financed through its third pan-African focused fund, African Infrastructure Investment Fund 3 (AIIF3), which invests primarily in power, transportation and energy infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa.
Doug Lacey, Partner at LeapFrog Investments, an emerging markets- focused fund, also told Banker Africa that Western leadership in private equity didn't show signs of slowing down.
Tabreed, which acquired the Al Maryah Island district cooling plant in 2014 in a consortium with Mubadala infrastructure Partners (MIP), an infrastructure focused fund investing in the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey, with institutional investors from the GCC region and Asia, will deliver more than 1,600 tons of cooling (RT) to the tower.
or too large, to help this outstanding nurse originated, nurse managed, and nurse focused fund for nurses.
G2 manages a series of highly focused fund of hedge fund investments in Switzerland, Russia and Latin America.
The new funding brings the total capital under management for four-year old MMV -- a return focused fund investing in dynamic and innovative seed to growth stage companies in North America, Europe, Israel, and now Southeast Asia -- to USD 250 million.
Full browser ?