Export-Import Bank of Japan

Export-Import Bank of Japan

A former bank that was responsible for providing financing to encourage Japanese international trade. It ceased to exist in 1999 when it merged with the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund to form the Japanese Bank for International Cooperation.
References in periodicals archive ?
The Export-Import Bank of Japan (now the Japan Bank for International Cooperation) granted export credit for the project, while the Czech Export Bank provided export credit for the rolling stock.
The deal marked the first time any former Soviet republic had received medium-term funding by the US Export-Import Bank and got financing from the Export-Import Bank of Japan (now Japan Bank for International Co-operation) and Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corp (JOGMEC).
Japan is willing to enforce economic ties with Egypt through development aid and the contribution of Export-Import Bank of Japan; it will sign agreements worth $110bn with Egypt, Japanese Prime Minister ShinzEi Abe said.
Since 1988, the government has been saddled with loans from the Export-Import Bank of Japan, Sumitomo Bank and other Japanese, Czech and local financial backers like the Bank of the Philippine Islands to fund the MRT.
JBIC was created in October 1999 as a result of a merger of the Export-Import Bank of Japan and the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund.
The Japan Bank for International Cooperation, then known as the Export-Import Bank of Japan, in October 1998 decided to lend $302 million to the dam's private-sector developers, and in September 1999 approved a $400 million loan to the state-owned National Power Corp.
The foreign aid agencies are the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an affiliate of the Foreign Ministry, and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), the product of a 1999 merger of the Export-Import Bank of Japan and the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund.
On that basis, 65% of the financing was provided on concessionary terms by the World Bank, IFC, the US Export-Import Bank and the Export-Import Bank of Japan. The remaining 35% was paid as equity by NNPC (60%) and MPN (40%).
This is being partly financed by the Export-Import Bank of Japan.
According to the contract, Japan will provide the funds through loans from the Export-Import Bank of Japan, with the government covering the interest portion of the credit.
Construction expenses, estimated at 34 billion yen, will be partly financed by loans from the Export-Import Bank of Japan, they said.
and the long-term contracts with Japanese smelters, CMA is requesting that the Export-Import Bank of Japan take a significant position in the project-financing syndicate.