unemployment benefit

(redirected from Employee compensation)
Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.

Unemployment Benefit

A payment made, especially by a government, to an unemployed person. Unemployed benefits are available to persons who have been laid off or terminated against their will. These benefits help them pay their bills until they can find more work.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved

unemployment benefit

see JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE.
Collins Dictionary of Business, 3rd ed. © 2002, 2005 C Pass, B Lowes, A Pendleton, L Chadwick, D O’Reilly and M Afferson

unemployment benefit

see JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE.
Collins Dictionary of Economics, 4th ed. © C. Pass, B. Lowes, L. Davies 2005
References in periodicals archive ?
Hypothesis 5 (H5) is to investigate the mediation effect of employee compensation towards the relationship between leadership and corruption.
Employee compensation is the largest expense item for most cooperatives.
This study uses quarterly total employee compensation at the bank branch level from 1992 through 2007.
For example, any cuts in employee compensation depend on negotiations with public employee unions.
The search revealed 124 companies with material weaknesses related to employee compensation during the period searched.
Students at the University of Utah would see a 2.76 percent first-tier tuition increase if the Legislature increases employee compensation by 4 percent.
This is why savvy executives do so at least once a year, usually as part of their strategic planning or performance review process, and the wisest tie executive and employee compensation to changes in enterprise value, not just traditional financial and operating benchmarks.
Employee compensation accounted for 56.8% of current spending.
said an agreement to be acquired by Fillmore Strategic Investors had been amended to accelerate certain employee compensation payments into 2005.
For example, if employee compensation plans are designed to allow those who add value to the company to share in the value added, it stands to reason they will be more inclined to become involved in the success of the company.
In addition, the regulation would be revised to provide that payroll card accounts that are established either directly or indirectly by an employer on behalf of a consumer for the purpose of providing salary, wages, or other employee compensation on a recurring basis are covered by Regulation E.
In March 2003, wages and salaries accounted for 72.2% of employers' costs for employee compensation (for civilian workers in private industry); benefits were responsible for the remaining 27.8%.

Full browser ?