control value

(redirected from Control Values)

Control Value

The number of shares outstanding in a company that is sufficient to be able to control the company. In a publicly-traded company, the control value may be 50% + 1 for ordinary decisions, or a supermajority of shares for more important decisions. If one person or company owns a control value, such shares command a higher price than other shares because each share represents a level of oversight in the company that non-control shares do not possess.

control value

The value of shares in a firm when the number of shares available is sufficient to control the firm. If one person or a group owns 60% of a firm's outstanding stock, the shares in the controlling 60% are worth more on a per-share basis than the remaining 40% of outstanding shares.
References in periodicals archive ?
These meters were designed to provide control values and hourly energy, not a settlement-quality, five-minute increment needed by modern markets like the EIM.
The increased pulse rate showed a decreased trend in the pulse rate and reached the control values after 40 and 30 min with treatments A and B, respectively.
It also included ARO Drilling: an offshore drilling services agreement; Emerson Electric Company: a corporate purchase agreement for process automation systems, remote terminal units and control values; Texas Iron Works: a corporate purchase agreement for downhole equipment services; Honeywell International: a contract for Main Automation Contractor (MAC) services for a new Process Control System (or upgrade of existing ones); Raytheon Company: an MoU to develop cybersecurity services.
There is no exception to the rule that any effect, even the strangest low-concentration response, has to dilute out at some point and approach negative control values.
From this data set, the mean and standard deviation ("SD" in many applications, but here commonly just "s") of the control values are calculated and form the basis of setting boundaries.
In my testing, the thousands of rows contained 80 unique Control Values. The Subtotals command took about 15 seconds to finish.
Overall, control values averaged 18, 8, and 12 nmol/mg protein in RTM, TBM, and lung, respectively.
Records of amount and frequency of blood transfusion were evaluated over one year of therapy and compared with control values using paired--T tests and correlation tests using SSPS version 15.
Control values producer Singer Valve has struck a deal with electro-mechanical equipment supplier Channel Co to sell its products in Jordan.
We observed that sodium arsenite intoxication decreased the levels of testosterone, LH, [T.sub.3], and [T.sub.4] significantly (P [less than or equal to] 0.01) compared to control values (Figures 3 and 4).
TABLE1: OPTIMAL CONTROL VALUES EVALUATED BY RK-METHOD EULER AND TRAPEZOIDAL METHOD AT H=0.002