References in periodicals archive ?
True talk, the chiefdom of Alavanyo rose up against that of Nkonya to decide which chiefdom has women with flat behinds, and because of a guinea fowl which was denied visa to Burkina, the chiefdom of Konkonba rose up against that of Nanumba and did battle over who should eat the left leg and head of that poor guinea fowl who was doing new passport to apply for visa under a new name.
Following the recent discovery of the deadly Marburg Virus in the Country, the Ministry of Health and Sanitation under the 1 Health Platform, which consists of Environment Protection Agency, Office of National Security, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, has concluded a 7 day District and Chiefdom stakeholders engagements in Koinadugu, Kono and Moyamba Districts last Wednesday.
Despite the ban on slave trade by the Anglo-Egyptian authorities, Sheikh Ali Jula embarked on large-scale slave trafficking on the Dinka tribes in Bahr al Ghazal in general and on the Ngok Dinka Chiefdoms in particular.
Archaeological and historical explanations for these phenomena have hinged (appropriately) on the stress caused by environmental pressures, aggressions among African chiefdoms, and the land disputes and conflict accompanying British and trekhoer expansion (see, for example, Eldredge 1995; Etherington 2001; Guy 1980).
Plans are being developed to expand CEBS to other chiefdoms in Bo District and other districts in Sierra Leone in the near future, making it possible to conduct an evaluation of its effectiveness in different parts of the country.
He points out that the typical proposal in sociological studies of the Hebrew Bible that Israel progressed from tribe to chiefdom to state is not necessarily the definitive model (pp.
"The isolation of districts and chiefdoms will definitely pose great difficulties for our people in those districts," Koroma said.
In the past and present, women sometimes are chiefs in Sierra Leone's many tribal chiefdoms. Women have done much to bring education to both girls and boys.
The Kissi Teng and Kossi Tongay chiefdoms in the Kailahun Districts in the east of Sierra Leone have 23 suspected cases, one in Kono and two in Freetown, the capital of the country.
Tradition has it that the Qwabe and Zulu chiefdoms were born when two brothers feuded over their inheritance.
Daniel Torres Etayo's excellent essay critically examines the way revolutionary ideology in Cuba after 1959 led to the emergence of a rigid historical materialist framework for Cuban archaeologists that negated the existence of social complexity and the hierarchical nature of prehispanic social groupings, and shows how this has obfuscated Cuba's place within broader archaeological debates surrounding the emergence of Caribbean chiefdoms. Using advanced archaeological techniques and drawing on architectural evidence from the site of Laguna de Limones on the eastern tip of Cuba, Torres Etayo shows that chiefdoms were established in eastern Cuba similar to those in other areas of the Greater Antilles.
Powhatan originally inherited chiefdoms in the upper James and York river basins; from there he either conquered other groups or intimidated them into joining his organization.
Financial browser ?
- Chiarella vs. U.S.
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Chicago school
- Chicago Stock Exchange
- Chicken Shop
- Chicken Stuff
- Chief Credit Officer
- chief executive
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Finagle Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- Chief Security Officer
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Child Labor
- Child Support Payments
- Child Tax Credit
- Chilean Escudo
- Chilean Peso
- China Banknote Printing and Minting
- China Concepts Stock
- Chinese Fire Drill
- Chinese hedge
- Chinese Metric Ounce
- Chinese wall
- Chinese Yuan
- Choice market
- choice of law clause
- Choke Price
Full browser ?
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Army Reserve Decision Support System
- Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- Chief, Bureau of Naval Personnel
- Chief, Bureau of Ordnance
- Chief, Bureau of Ships
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee
- chiefs of state