References in periodicals archive ?
On the basis of the national estimates used for these analyses, stillbirths and deaths in children aged <5 years are underreported in Bombali Sebora chiefdom; use of all available sources is needed to improve death reporting in this chiefdom.
What this vignette underscores, however, is the centrality and complexity of raiding in Highveld politics; there was clearly a specific place or series of places for raiding in Moshoeshoe's chiefdom, and Posholi transgressed these while Moorosi stayed within their bounds, at least for a time.
The important earlier themes of patronage and the rejection of state formation theory are somewhat abandoned as Pfoh embraces the anthropological model of peer-polity relations, an argument usually related to the organization of chiefdoms and early state relations.
Tradition has it that the Qwabe and Zulu chiefdoms were born when two brothers feuded over their inheritance.
Instead, we must begin long before her birth with the forging of the paramount chiefdom led by her kinsman Powhatan in the late sixteenth century.
A chiefdom is "an autonomous political unit comprising a number of villages or communities under the permanent control of a paramount chief.
Based on archaeological data it is time to re-evaluate the stratified chiefdom of the Leeward Society Islands.
It thus became institutionalized in the social formation that MacIachlan and I called the avunculocal chiefdom (Keegan and MacIachlan 1989)" (p.
These conditions favored the emergence of a complex chiefdom-based social organization of the chiefdom type.
In 1640, Massachusetts legislators conceded that it was the colonists' responsibility to keep cattle from destroying Indians' corn, while in the Chesapeake it was less likely for colonists to even consider native grievances, especially after the subjugation of the Powhatan chiefdom in 1646.
He represents the community at chiefdom level ( Sierra Leone is split into hundreds of chiefdoms ( and is at the vanguard of mobilising the community after its return since the war and its accompanying terror.
Coosa, a late prehistoric chiefdom in northwest Georgia, provides the means of examining the model within a political system at several scales, namely that of the village, chiefdom, and paramount chiefdom.
Financial browser ?
- Chiarella vs. U.S.
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Chicago school
- Chicago Stock Exchange
- Chicken Shop
- Chicken Stuff
- Chief Credit Officer
- chief executive
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Finagle Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- Chief Security Officer
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Child Labor
- Child Support Payments
- Child Tax Credit
- Chilean Escudo
- Chilean Peso
- China Banknote Printing and Minting
- China Concepts Stock
- Chinese Fire Drill
- Chinese hedge
- Chinese Metric Ounce
- Chinese wall
- Chinese Yuan
- Choice market
- choice of law clause
- Choke Price
Full browser ?
- Chief Warrant Officer, W-5
- chief warrant officers
- Chief Washakie
- Chief Watch Officer
- Chief Weapons Officer
- Chief Weapons Technician
- Chief Web Officer
- Chief White Crane Recreation Area
- Chief Wine Officer
- Chief X Officer
- Chief Yeoman
- Chief's Call To Initiation
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee