Mentioned in ?
- Accountants International Study Group
- Agence Canadienne de Developpement International
- Alberta Securities Commission
- Alexander Graham Bell
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Attribution Rules
- Automated Commercial Environment
- Automotive Products Trade Agreement
- Bank of Canada
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Bay Street
- Better Business Bureau
- Board Foot
References in periodicals archive ?
In order to do this, we weighted the Canadianisms as follows.
Finally, we explored whether these international ESL students were taught or systematically exposed to Canadianisms while in Canada.
The surveyed teachers had sharply divided views on teaching Canadianisms in class.
When asked whether they would deal with Canadianisms as they came up in class, five said yes, one no, and two did not answer.
These responses show that although more than half of these teachers had an interest in teaching Canadianisms in class, some did not like the idea.
Obviously one cannot assume that all ESL teachers in Canada wish to teach Canadianisms.
When asked what methods they would use in teaching Canadianisms, all the teachers surveyed said that they would explain the meanings of Canadianisms in reading or listening materials or at students' request; two said they would also ask students to look up a word in a Canadian English dictionary; and no teacher chose the last alternative: to ignore Canadianisms that did not impede students' understanding of a text.
newspapers); (b) giving students a list of Canadian words and acronyms and asking them to consult native speakers; (c) focusing a lesson on Canadian English; (d) asking students what they thought some Candianisms meant and discussing equivalents in their cultures; and (e) introducing pertinent Canadianisms before assigning a reading.
To summarize, these ESL students' knowledge of Canadianisms was limited.
More than half the teachers showed a positive attitude toward teaching Canadianisms and could suggest teaching methods.
Why do learners learn some Canadianisms and not others?
ESL students' spotty knowledge of Canadianisms can also be partly explained by the communicative strategies these learners develop (Corder, 1983).
Financial browser ?
- Campbell Harvey
- Canada Education Savings Grant
- Canada Premium Bond
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Savings Bond
- Canadian agencies
- Canadian Agency
- Canadian Dealing Network
- Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Canadian Derivatives Exchange
- Canadian Dollar
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund
- Canadian Originated Preferred Securities
- Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf
- Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf
- Canadian Pound
- Canadian Securities Course
- Canadian Securities Institute
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf
- Canadian Venture Exchange
- cancel former order
- cancel order
- Canceled Certificates
- cancellation clause
- Cancellation Markings and Date
- candlestick chart
- Candy Store
- Can't Find
- Caoga Pingin
- cap rate
- capacity constrained resource
- capacity control
- capacity cushion
- capacity planning
- capacity requirements planning
- capacity utilization
Full browser ?
- Canadian Zinc Corporation
- Canadian Zionist Cultural Association
- Canadian Zionist Federation
- Canadian-African Newcomer Aid Centre of Toronto
- Canadian-Born Indian
- Canadian-British Engineering Consultants
- Canadian-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association
- Canadian-Cuban Projects Team
- Canadian-International Nurse Researcher Database
- Canadian-Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council
- Canadian-South Pacific Ocean Development Program
- Canadian-US Test and Evaluation Program
- Canadian/American Border Trade Alliance
- Canadian/US Atlantic Joint Preparedness Team
- Canadian/US Trade Agreement
- Canadians Advocating Political Participation
- Canadians Against Palestine Liberation Organization Terrorism
- Canadians against Same-Sex Marriage
- Canadians against Slavery and Torture in Sudan
- Canadians for a Genocide Museum
- Canadians for a Tropical Province
- Canadians for Ethical Treatment of Food Animals
- Canadians for Fair and Equitable Taxation
- Canadians for Israel's Legal Rights
- Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East
- Canadians for Language Fairness
- Canadians for Properly Built Homes
- Canadians for Proportional Representation
- Canadians for Responsible and Safe Highways
- Canadians for Safe Access
- Canadians for Safe and Sober Driving
- Canadians for Tax Fairness
- Canadians Human Rights Voice
- Canadien National
- Canadiens pour la Justice et la Paix au Moyen-Orient