Mentioned in ?
- Accountants International Study Group
- Agence Canadienne de Developpement International
- Alberta Securities Commission
- Alexander Graham Bell
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Attribution Rules
- Automated Commercial Environment
- Automotive Products Trade Agreement
- Bank of Canada
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Bay Street
- Better Business Bureau
- Board Foot
References in periodicals archive ?
Among creative authors, Robertson Davies (1913-95) and Mordecai Richler (1931-2001) were popular figures who oversaw as well as steered the transition (though the pervasive Canadianism of the latter is marred by an extensive focus on and subjective depiction for the Jewish community).
In the "Canadian English Lab" they completed the main data collection for the Bank of Canadian English by fall 2010, based on a data "harvesting" scheme and a list of codified Canadianisms compiled from three print dictionaries (Canadian Oxford Dictionary 2004, the Gage Canadian Dictionary 1997 and the ITP Nelson Dictionary 1997).
That is, a teacher's teaching of a Canadianism seemed to have no direct bearing on its retention by a student.
See Gauvreau, The Catholic Origins of Quebec's Quiet Revolution, 1931-1970 (Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2005), 9-12, 23; Terence Fay, A History of Canadian Catholics: Gallicanism, Romanism and Canadianism (Montreal and Kingston: McGill- Queen's University Press, 2002), 202-208, 238-239; Gregory Baum, Catholics and Canadian Socialism: Political Thought in the Thirties and Forties (Toronto: J.
became the quintessential icon for a Pearsonian conception of Canadianism," except, perhaps, to note that the sugar maple does not grow west of Ontario.
Schools in Manitoba aimed at a form of Canadianism that was rooted in Anglo-conformity.
At the national level, the Diefenbaker slogans "One Canada" and "unhyphenated Canadianism," the conservative rhetoric of equality and anti-discrimination, and the promise to enact the country's first Bill of Rights, appealed to New Canadians.
CENTENNIALISM AND NATIONALIST NARRATIVES Many eternalizing mechanisms were undertaken in 1967, Canada's centennial year, including the publication of A Dictionary of Canadianisms on Historical Principles, deliberately expedited from 1970, its original publication date.
Saskatchewan's brave government stood as an exemplar of Canadianism, not just of "prairie radicalism.
Those who have served in the military have a "military perspective" and sense of community that is a very different perspective on Canadianism.
Most of all, Canadian audiences seem to like Hollywood movies and while it could be said that this is a result of 70 years exposure to almost nothing but, it is slightly naive to keep maintaining that there is an essential undercurrent of Canadianism just waiting to be unveiled.
56) Terence Fay, A History of Canadian Catholics: Gallicanism, Romanism, and Canadianism (Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2002), 241.
Financial browser ?
- Campbell Harvey
- Canada Education Savings Grant
- Canada Premium Bond
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Savings Bond
- Canadian agencies
- Canadian Agency
- Canadian Dealing Network
- Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Canadian Derivatives Exchange
- Canadian Dollar
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund
- Canadian Originated Preferred Securities
- Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf
- Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf
- Canadian Pound
- Canadian Securities Course
- Canadian Securities Institute
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf
- Canadian Venture Exchange
- cancel former order
- cancel order
- Canceled Certificates
- cancellation clause
- Cancellation Markings and Date
- candlestick chart
- Candy Store
- Can't Find
- Caoga Pingin
- cap rate
- capacity constrained resource
- capacity control
- capacity cushion
- capacity planning
- capacity requirements planning
- capacity utilization
Full browser ?
- Canadian Youth Chess Championship
- Canadian Youth Climate Coalition
- Canadian Youth Foundation
- Canadian Youth Rights Association
- Canadian Youth Talent Competition
- Canadian Zinc Corporation
- Canadian Zionist Cultural Association
- Canadian Zionist Federation
- Canadian-African Newcomer Aid Centre of Toronto
- Canadian-Born Indian
- Canadian-British Engineering Consultants
- Canadian-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association
- Canadian-Cuban Projects Team
- Canadian-International Nurse Researcher Database
- Canadian-Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council
- Canadian-South Pacific Ocean Development Program
- Canadian-US Test and Evaluation Program
- Canadian/American Border Trade Alliance
- Canadian/US Atlantic Joint Preparedness Team
- Canadian/US Trade Agreement
- Canadians Advocating Political Participation
- Canadians Against Palestine Liberation Organization Terrorism
- Canadians against Same-Sex Marriage
- Canadians against Slavery and Torture in Sudan
- Canadians for a Genocide Museum
- Canadians for a Tropical Province
- Canadians for Ethical Treatment of Food Animals
- Canadians for Fair and Equitable Taxation
- Canadians for Israel's Legal Rights
- Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East
- Canadians for Language Fairness
- Canadians for Properly Built Homes
- Canadians for Proportional Representation
- Canadians for Responsible and Safe Highways
- Canadians for Safe Access
- Canadians for Safe and Sober Driving
- Canadians for Tax Fairness
- Canadians Human Rights Voice
- Canadien National