CFA

(redirected from CFA franc)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to CFA franc: XOF

Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)

An experienced financial analyst who has passed examinations in economics, financial accounting, portfolio management, security analysis, and standards of conduct given by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts.

Chartered Financial Analyst

A professional certificate offered through the CFA Institute. The certification qualifies one to be a financial analyst. In order to qualify for a CFA, one must have worked a certain number of years in the financial industry and complete three tiers of exams on accounting, money management, economics, security analysis, and ethics.

CFA

References in periodicals archive ?
Of the twenty mobile sellers we interviewed who worked for family members, only three were paid directly for their work; an average of 11,000 CFA francs per month.
The parity between the French Franc and the CFA Franc remained constant from 1949 until 1994.
With the help of import licensing, then-Finance Minister Konan Bedie earned his first billion CFA francs within a year.
From the end of World War II until the adoption of the euro, France devalued its own franc 14 times in order to bolster competiveness and exports, with the CFA franc devalued along with it each time.
For example, the reshuffling of income distribution that resulted from the CFA franc devaluation has changed African society.
In Chapter 4, Ojo revisits the issue of the CFA franc devaluation, discussing the future of monetary cooperation in Africa.
8 billion CFA franc for the 25 MW schemes, while the EU will contribute the balance 6.
It is equally known that the French animosity against former President Laurent Gbagbo in Cote d'Ivoire is due, primarily, to his opposition to French interests in upholding the Colonial Pact and the CFA Franc arrangement that obliges the Francophone countries to put 65% of their foreign exchange reserves and another 15% for administration (a total of 80%) every year into the French Treasury.
The two currencies, the Central African CFA franc and the Western African CFA franc, are not interchangeable.
Fitch considers BOAD unlikely to be threatened by a possible devaluation of the CFA franc.
Mr Goeller says these nations have the advantage in that their currency (CFA franc) is guaranteed by the French treasury while both the currencies used in the two monetary unions, the West and Central African CFA francs, are pegged to the euro.