Burnout


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Burnout: Maslach Burnout Inventory

Burnout

Depletion of a tax shelter's benefits. In the context of mortgage backed securities it refers to the percentage of the pool that has prepaid their mortgage.

Burnout

In a mortgage-backed security, the percentage of mortgages underlying the security that were not re-financed following a drop in interest rates. Historically, a mortgage that is not re-financed is less likely to re-finance at the next drop in interest rates. As a result, potential investors in mortgage-backed securities often look for a high burnout rate because it reduces prepayment risk, or the risk that investors will be deprived of future interest payments because too many mortgages are prepaid.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Associations between the perceived quality of the coach-athlete relationship and athlete burnout: An examination of the mediating role of achievement goals.
ua Feeling ineffective, according to MBI, a survey designed to measure employee burnout in the workforce.
Based on a previous study in Arabic populations looking at the prevalence of occupational burnout among PCPs, the total number of PCPs in Oman, a 95% confidence interval (CI), a type 1 error probability of 5%, and a power of 80%, we calculated a required sample size of 197.
The current study was planned to determine the prevalence and factors associated with burnout among physicians working at a tertiary care hospital.
When some people are suffering from burnout, they tend to make unhealthy choices, which might involve drinking too much alcohol, eating too much junk food, not eating enough balanced meals and being sedentary.
Nurses develop burnout and compassion fatigue because they care - maybe too much.
"Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress.
Looking at the causes of burnout, a reason why registrars specifically can be affected by burnout may be found in the demand-control-support model.
Participants' data revealed a strong association between burnout and the three variables -- escape ideation, parental neglect, and parental violence -- at each of three-time points.
Therefore, during the training, the participants were able to get acquainted with the main methods of prevention of professional burnout syndrome.
"Given the high prevalence of burnout among physicians and the negative implications of bias for medical care, symptoms of burnout may be factors in disparities in care," the authors write.
Around one in three professionals is struggling with burnout. Two in three say workload is the main reason for the burnout, while other reasons include long work hours and lack of work-life balance.