References in classic literature ?
Such is the general architecture of that very early period when the Northmen swept the seas, and brought to their rude houses, such as I have described them, the plunder of polished nations.
Following some such principle, I am inclined to regard the singular Castle of Coningsburgh I mean the Saxon part of it as a step in advance from the rude architecture, if it deserves the name, which must have been common to the Saxons as to other Northmen.
I am ignorant if these remarks are new, or if they will be confirmed by closer examination ; but I think, that, on a hasty observation, Coningsburgh offers means of curious study to those who may wish to trace the history of architecture back to the times preceding the Norman Conquest.
We took off our shoes and went into the marble mausoleum of the Sultan Mahmoud, the neatest piece of architecture, inside, that I have seen lately.
The crowd grew more dense every moment, and, like water, which rises above its normal level, began to mount along the walls, to swell around the pillars, to spread out on the entablatures, on the cornices, on the window-sills, on all the salient points of the architecture, on all the reliefs of the sculpture.
By surrounding ourselves with the original circumstances we invent anew the orders and the ornaments of architecture, as we see how each people merely decorated its primitive abodes.
As the Persian imitated in the slender shafts and capitals of his architecture the stem and flower of the lotus and palm, so the Persian court in its magnificent era never gave over the nomadism of its barbarous tribes, but travelled from Ecbatana, where the spring was spent, to Susa in summer and to Babylon for the winter.
The RATHHAUS, or municipal building, is of the quaintest and most picturesque Middle-Age architecture. It has a massive portico and steps, before it, heavily balustraded, and adorned with life-sized rusty iron knights in complete armor.
with architectures is essential to transform its plat-form-centric environment to a net-centric environment.
* The standards, practices, and agreements essential to enterprise-wide solutions, as opposed to point solutions (i.e., stove-piped architectures focused on the functional needs of specific business units)
First Generation Block Storage Virtualization Architectures
In the new world of net-centric service-oriented architectures, the focus of program offices shifts from developing systems to developing, integrating, and subscribing to services.
Financial browser ?
- arbitrage bond
- Arbitrage bonds
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Arbitrage Trading Program
- Arbitrage-Free Condition
- Arbitrage-free option-pricing models
- Arbitrary Value
- Arbitration Clause
- arbitration panel
- Arbitron Company
- Arbitron Information on Demand
- arc elasticity
- Archer Medical Savings Account
- Archipelago Exchange
- Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board
- architectural drawings
- Archive Storage
- Are you open?
- Area Code
- Area Distribution Center
- Area of Dominant Influence
- Area Sample
- Area-by-Area Allocation
- Argentine Economic Crisis of 2001
- Argentine Peso
- Ari Gold and His Friends
- Ariadne Network
- Arithmetic average
- Arithmetic Average Rate of Return
- Arithmetic index
- Arithmetic Mean Average
- Arithmetic mean return
- Arithmetic Progression
Full browser ?
- Architecture Valorisation Construction
- Architecture Verification
- Architecture Verification Test
- Architecture Verification Test Report
- Architecture Ville et Territoire
- Architecture with Key Expansion Unit
- Architecture Working Group
- Architecture X Construction
- Architecture Yves Janet
- Architecture, Art and Planning
- Architecture, Bâches, Chapiteaux, Cirques, Structures
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Owner-operated
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Real-Estate
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner Operator
- Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance
- Architecture, Museum of
- Architecture, Planning and Landscape Information Gateway
- Architecture, Property Planning and Fine Arts
- Architecture, Science and Technology
- Architecture, Urbanisme, Patrimoine
- Architecture, Urbanisme, Société
- Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering
- Architecture-Based Regression Testing
- Architecture-Based Software Development
- Architecture-Centered Software Project Planning
- Architecture-Centric Project Planning
- Architecture-driven modernization
- Architecture-Engineering-Construction Extensible Markup Language
- Architectures and Compilers for Embedded Systems
- Architectures and Framework
- Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing
- Architectures for Integrated Knowledge-Manipulation Systems
- Architectures of Networks of Services
- Architectures, Operations, Networks & Space
- Architectures, Systèmes et Réseaux
- Architectutral Window
- Architectuur International Rotterdam
- Architectuurcentrum Amsterdam
- Architectuurcentrum Eindhoven
- Architectuurcentrum Nijmegen
- Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Architektur + Wettbewerbe
- Architektur und Tirol
- Architektur, Stadtplanung, Landschaftsplanung
- Architekturzentrum Wien
- Architeuthis dux
- Architeuthis hartingii
- Architeuthis japonica
- Architeuthis kirkii
- Architeuthis martensi
- Architeuthis martensii
- Architeuthis physeteris