References in classic literature ?
Such is the general architecture of that very early period when the Northmen swept the seas, and brought to their rude houses, such as I have described them, the plunder of polished nations.
Following some such principle, I am inclined to regard the singular Castle of Coningsburgh I mean the Saxon part of it as a step in advance from the rude architecture, if it deserves the name, which must have been common to the Saxons as to other Northmen.
I am ignorant if these remarks are new, or if they will be confirmed by closer examination ; but I think, that, on a hasty observation, Coningsburgh offers means of curious study to those who may wish to trace the history of architecture back to the times preceding the Norman Conquest.
We took off our shoes and went into the marble mausoleum of the Sultan Mahmoud, the neatest piece of architecture, inside, that I have seen lately.
The crowd grew more dense every moment, and, like water, which rises above its normal level, began to mount along the walls, to swell around the pillars, to spread out on the entablatures, on the cornices, on the window-sills, on all the salient points of the architecture, on all the reliefs of the sculpture.
As the Persian imitated in the slender shafts and capitals of his architecture the stem and flower of the lotus and palm, so the Persian court in its magnificent era never gave over the nomadism of its barbarous tribes, but travelled from Ecbatana, where the spring was spent, to Susa in summer and to Babylon for the winter.
stove-piped architectures focused on the functional needs of specific business units)
Server and application architectures have evolved to meet the demands of today's unpredictable, highly distributed, real-time processing environments.
Our award-winning database Reference Architectures are proven in best-in-class customer environments to be highly scalable and dependable, while providing Sun/Sybase IQ customers an even greater competitive advantage through open architectural design that leverages superior infrastructure technology.
A key benefit of using XML is that, as a standard being adopted by the federal government, it will simplify integration of the Observing Systems Architecture with NOAA's Enterprise Architecture and other Commerce Department architectures as needed.
Nobody deals with them conceptually (a doorman building as a gated community, for instance), nor does anyone care to consider the important psychoanalytic aspects of architectures of fear - that is, fear that takes the form of spatial anxiety.
At its best, the approach involves the creative interaction of many previously semi-independent disciplines, for instance structural and services engineering, materials and ecological science to make architectures that offer a much wider variety of experience and human freedom than has ever been available before - and a flexibility of building that can cope with all the changes that contemporary society and technology create.
Financial browser ?
- arbitrage bond
- Arbitrage bonds
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Arbitrage Trading Program
- Arbitrage-Free Condition
- Arbitrage-free option-pricing models
- Arbitrary Value
- Arbitration Clause
- arbitration panel
- Arbitron Company
- Arbitron Information on Demand
- arc elasticity
- Archer Medical Savings Account
- Archipelago Exchange
- Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board
- architectural drawings
- Archive Storage
- Are you open?
- Area Code
- Area Distribution Center
- Area of Dominant Influence
- Area Sample
- Area-by-Area Allocation
- Argentine Economic Crisis of 2001
- Argentine Peso
- Ari Gold and His Friends
- Ariadne Network
- Arithmetic average
- Arithmetic Average Rate of Return
- Arithmetic index
- Arithmetic Mean Average
- Arithmetic mean return
- Arithmetic Progression
Full browser ?
- Architecture Using RAM
- Architecture Valorisation Construction
- Architecture Verification
- Architecture Verification Test
- Architecture Verification Test Report
- Architecture Ville et Territoire
- Architecture with Key Expansion Unit
- Architecture Working Group
- Architecture X Construction
- Architecture Yves Janet
- Architecture, Art and Planning
- Architecture, Bâches, Chapiteaux, Cirques, Structures
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Owner-operated
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner Operator
- Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance
- Architecture, Museum of
- Architecture, Planning and Landscape Information Gateway
- Architecture, Property Planning and Fine Arts
- Architecture, Science and Technology
- Architecture, Urbanisme, Patrimoine
- Architecture, Urbanisme, Société
- Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering
- Architecture-Based Regression Testing
- Architecture-Based Software Development
- Architecture-Centered Software Project Planning
- Architecture-Centric Project Planning
- Architecture-driven modernization
- Architecture-Engineering-Construction Extensible Markup Language
- Architectures and Compilers for Embedded Systems
- Architectures and Framework
- Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing
- Architectures for Integrated Knowledge-Manipulation Systems
- Architectures of Networks of Services
- Architectures, Operations, Networks & Space
- Architectures, Systèmes et Réseaux
- Architectutral Window
- Architectuur International Rotterdam
- Architectuurcentrum Amsterdam
- Architectuurcentrum Eindhoven
- Architectuurcentrum Nijmegen
- Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Architektur + Wettbewerbe
- Architektur und Tirol
- Architektur, Stadtplanung, Landschaftsplanung
- Architekturzentrum Wien
- Architeuthis dux
- Architeuthis hartingii
- Architeuthis japonica
- Architeuthis kirkii