Agreement of Sale


Also found in: Acronyms.

Agreement of Sale

A contract by which two parties (a buyer and a seller) consent to the sale of some property. The agreement of sale usually contains a description of the property being sold, the price, the terms, and other relevant details. This term is used most commonly in real estate, but it may apply correctly to any sale involving a written document detailing a transaction.

agreement of sale

Typically refers to any real estate sales contract. In a few states, however, the term refers specifically to a type of seller financing also called a bond for title, land sale contract,or contract for deed.In that instance,the seller retains legal title to the property until the purchaser has made all payments over the term of the financing period. At the end, if there has been no default, the seller executes a deed to the buyer. This device is often used in high-risk financing situations because it can often avoid legal protections given to the buyer in the event of foreclosure or bankruptcy.

Agreement of Sale

A contract signed by buyer and seller stating the terms and conditions under which a property will be sold.

References in periodicals archive ?
Contract notice: Sale of 49% stake in the brand Gas Srl and simultaneous preliminary agreement of sale of the remaining stake of 51%.
SGPS, S.A., and Octant, S.A., the conclusion of an agreement of sale and capitalization of Acoreana Insurance, S.A."
Contract notice: Framework agreement of sale to purchase laboratory reagents and consumables roche various types of vending machines laboratory.
The market is subject to 7 phases - Phase 1: Management for ongoing contract - 36 months,- Phase 2: Support for the definition of need - within 9 months- Phase 3: Analysis of applications - within 1 month- Phase 4: Development of the record of consultation - within 9 months- Phase 5: Analysis of tenders, negotiations and help in the choice of the candidate - 15 months,- Phase 6: Development of the agreement of sale and purchase of heat - 6 months,- Phase 7: Backing the contract or contracts on startup - 30 months.

Full browser ?