References in classic literature ?
But on this night, waiting for the dew, a little of it, to become more, on the surfaces that were mine, I heard the noises of a dew-lapper moving aft along the port- gunwale--which was my property aft of the stroke-thwart clear to the stern.
Charley walked aft and spoke to him, and while he talked earnestly the young man listened with an amused expression on his face.
So frightful was the speed with which we displaced the water, that a wave rose up on either side our bow and foamed aft in a series of three stiff, up-standing waves, while astern a great crested billow pursued us hungrily, as though at each moment it would fall aboard and destroy us.
Captain Dettmar, springing aft, lifted the coiled mainsail halyards from their pins and threw them, ready to run, on the deck.
Duncan," was Duncan's reply, as he tore the life-buoy from its hook and flung it aft.
Through the whole length of the passage, far away aft in the perspective of the saloon the ship-keeper had interesting glimpses of them as they went in and out of the various cabins, crossing from side to side, remaining invisible for a time in one or another of the state-rooms, and then reappearing again in the distance.
So he, Franklin, walked aft keeping his eyes on him.
The sailors trooped noisily aft, some of the watch below rubbing the sleep from their eyes, and talked in low tones together.
His voice wailed pitifully in the darkness: "Come aft somebody
I dashed aft myself meeting on my way a hard gust of wind whose approach Gambril's ear had detected from afar and which filled the sails on the main in a series of muffled reports mingled with the low plaint of the spars.
To us aft, at least, it seemed as though we had been born in her, reared in her, had lived in her for ages, had never known any other ship.
I answered negli- gently, 'It's good for the health, they say,' and walked aft.
Financial browser ?
- affordability index
- affordable housing
- Affordable Method
- Afghan Afghani
- Afghan Rupee
- AFN Korea
- Africa Enterprise Fund
- Africa Project Development Facility
- African Development Bank
- African Development Foundation
- African Export-Import Bank
- African Groundnut Council
- African Management Services Company
- African Regional Organization for Standardization
- African Timber Organization
- African, Caribbean, and Pacific Countries
- After acquired clause
- after acquired property clause
- After Date
- After Hours Trading
- After Sight
- After Tax Operating Income
- after the bell
- After the Fact Accounting System
- After-Acquired Clause
- After-Acquired Property
- After-hours dealing or trading
- After-hours market
- After-Hours Market Close
- after-hours trading
- Afternoon Drive
- after-sales service
- After-tax basis
- after-tax cash flow
- After-tax contribution
- after-tax equity yield
- after-tax income
- after-tax proceeds from resale
- aftertax profit
Full browser ?
- Aft Cabin Motor Yacht
- Aft Cargo Carrier
- Aft Control Panel
- Aft Door Relay
- Aft End Assembly
- Aft Equipment Bay
- Aft Equipment Compartment
- Aft Flight Deck
- Aft Flight Deck Control Panel
- Aft Flight Deck Equipment
- Aft Flight Deck Operator
- Aft Flight Deck Power Distribution Box
- Aft Flight Deck Workstation
- Aft Flight Test
- Aft Flow Ionization Experiment
- Aft Frame Tilt Actuator
- Aft Fuselage
- Aft Looking Forward
- Aft Nuclear Accident Locker
- Aft Power Controller
- Aft Reaction Control System
- Aft Seat HUD Monitor
- Aft Shroud
- Aft Shroud Cooling System
- Aft Shroud Latches Repair Kit
- Aft Viewing Plasma Spectrometer