Reaction

(redirected from hypersensitivity reaction)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to hypersensitivity reaction: delayed hypersensitivity reaction

Reaction

A decline in prices following an advance. Opposite of rally.

Reaction

A decrease in price following an increase in price. A reaction connotes a slow decline; it is the opposite of a recovery.

reaction

A decline in security prices following a period of rising security prices.
References in periodicals archive ?
Eosinophil recruitment into sites of delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions in mice, Journal of Leukocyte Biology, 69: 353-360.
Disseminated intravascular coagulation as a manifestation of abacavir hypersensitivity reaction.
Phenytoin is widely used as an anticonvulsant agent and is associated with both dose-related side effects and hypersensitivity reactions.
4) Hirudin is also used as an alternative antithrombotic agent in patients with hypersensitivity reactions to unfractionated heparin and low-molecular-weight heparins, as well as in patients with known type II HIT, and more recently has been studied as a primary antithrombotic agent in patients after myocardial infarctions.
Other adverse events have included ocular/visual disturbances (any 13%; severe 1%), renal dysfunction (any 11%; severe 1%), fluid retention (any 10%; severe 0%), hepatic dysfunction (elevations in bilirubin 7%), hypersensitivity reactions (any 4%; severe 0%), cardiovascular reactions (severe 3%), thrombocytopenia (any 2%; severe <1%), and injection site reactions (<1%).
Previous hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir, dolutegravir or lamivudine.
Type II hypersensitivity reactions are mediated by IgM and IgG antibody responses to host tissues (Table 1).
Reactions to taxanes are clinically similar to type 1 hypersensitivity reactions but are actually believed to be anaphylactoid.
HLA-B*5701 carriage clearly demarcated a high-risk group of patients, accounting for approximately 6% of the population, from the remaining 94% who were at low risk for a hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir," they said.
There have also been postmarketing reports of angioedema and multiorgan hypersensitivity reactions.
Delayed hypersensitivity as detected by Mantoux testing is generally accepted as a reflection of the level of cell-mediated immunoactivity--the less hypersensitivity reaction that occurs, the lower the level of immunoactivity is, and vice versa.
With Epzicom, five to seven or eight percent of patients will have the hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir; this won't happen on Combivir.