Ambassador

(redirected from ambassadorial)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.

Ambassador

The highest ranking foreign diplomat representing a country to another government. For example, the highest ranking British representative in the United States is the ambassador from the United Kingdom. An ambassador speaks for the government he/she represents.
References in periodicals archive ?
The post Coe quits ambassadorial role with Nike after 38 years appeared first on Cyprus Mail .
So the freshman senator quickly settled on his payback: He would indefinitely stall ambassadorial nominees to Sweden, Norway and the Bahamas--a former White House counsel, plus two Obama campaign fundraisers--until the administration investigated the Secret Service's misconduct.
Both international incidences were rapidly followed by executive action and in mid-August, President Kenyatta shuffled his ambassadorial team.
The clash over the ambassadorial nomination threatens to complicate a key moment in the easing of relations between Washington and Tehran as both sides strive to conclude a deal on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.
For years the ratio of political nominations for ambassadorial posts has traditionally been about 30 percent political appointees with the remaining 70 percent of chief of mission positions going to career Foreign Service officers.
Diplomatic ties Qatar and the Bahamas have established diplomatic relations at the ambassadorial level.
Lieberman is suspected of trying to secure an ambassadorial posting for Israeli diplomat Zeev Ben Aryeh who provided him with confidential information about a police investigation into his affairs in 2008.
Former England captain David Beckham, who announced his retirement after 20 years of trophy-laden career and played in five clubs, is likely to return to Manchester United in an ambassadorial role, says reports.
But let's forget the idea that the Knight of the Living Dread is going to be handing out the Ferrero Rochers on Manchester United's behalf with ambassadorial charm.
Bez is likely to remain with the automaker in a 'more ambassadorial role'.
BAGHDAD/ Aswat al-Iraq: Algeria raised its ambassadorial representation by appointing an ambassador to Iraq, according to Algerian foreign ministry.
London, Jan 10( ANI ): Liverpool owners, FSG, are contemplating offering club legend Kenny Dalglish an ambassadorial role, eight months after axing him as Anfield boss.

Full browser ?