References in periodicals archive ?
The US dollar remains my favourite G3 currency against the euro, yen, sterling, loonie, Aussie and Swissie.
But the main policy tool the SNB has to do this is printing mountains of Swissie, as traders lovingly refer to the Swiss franc, and buying up euro in the open foreign exchange markets.
USD/CHF: This pair is popular and used to be the 'ultimate safe haven trade' as the Swissie was bought during periods of riskaversion in financial markets.
MORNING SLICES (Abridged) Fundys - Price action has been somewhat bi-polar at this point of the day and ahead of the US session, with the Euro, Swissie and Pound all consolidating, while the commodity bloc and Yen continue to surge.
Price Movement Result: The Swissie has fallen for 8 consecutive days.
If the MAS does a policy U-turn, the Singapore dollar is toast and I can easily envisage the Southeast Asian Swissie at 1.
Credit Suisse shares could trade at 30 Swissie in Zurich.
The Swissie found support from the speculations over interest rate hike by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) in the coming months, after the central bank revised the growth forecast upwardly for the year earlier this month.
Credit Suisse shares have been a disaster in the past twelve months, falling from 30 to 25 Swissie francs now in Zurich.
The Singapore dollar is the hard money of my generation now that the SNB has pegged the Swissie.
Also, the Swissie found support from the speculations over interest rate hike by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) in the coming months, after the central bank revised the growth forecast upwardly for the year earlier this month.
Summary: The buck remains relatively well bid ahead of the US session, with the greenback only suffering from some marginal setbacks against the Euro, Yen and Swissie.
Financial browser ?
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Swedish Krona
- Sweep account
- Sweep-to-Fill Order
- Sweet Crude
- sweetheart contract
- sweetheart deal
- Swing High
- swing loan
- Swing Trading
- Swingline facility
- Swingline Loan
- Swiss Bank
- Swiss Dinar
- Swiss Electronic Bourse
- Swiss Exchange
- Swiss Franc
- Swiss Market Index
- Swiss Options and Financial Futures Exchange
- switch order
- Switching Costs
- Switching Option
- Switching options
- SWOT analysis
- SWX Group
- SWX Swiss Exchange
- Sydney Futures Exchange
- Sydney Mint
- Symbol book special
- Symmetric cash matching
- Synchronous data
- Syndicate Bid
- syndicate manager
Full browser ?
- Swiss Watch Company
- Swiss Web Group
- Swiss Western Centre for Logic, History and Philosophy of Science
- Swiss Windband Association
- Swiss Wrestling Federation
- Swiss Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Swiss-American Cultural Exchange Council
- Swiss-American Friendship Society
- Swiss-army knife
- Swiss-Asia Financial Services Pte. Ltd.
- Swiss-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Swiss-Garden International Vacation Club
- Swiss-Garden Resort Kuantan
- Swiss-German language
- Swiss-Japan Association for Engineers and Scientists
- Swiss-Korean Business Council
- Swiss-Norwegian Beam Lines
- Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL
- Swiss-Russian Business Association
- Swiss-South African Co-Operation Initiative
- Swiss-Spanish Intermittent Treatment Trial
- Swiss-Taiwan Trading Group
- Swiss-Vietnamese Clean Air Program
- Swiss/Jackson Laboratory
- Swisscom Hospitality Services
- Swissinvest Real Estate Investment Fund
- Swisssign Smart Certificate Management
- Swissy Club of New England
- Switch (disambiguation)
- Switch Access System
- Switch Activity
- Switch and Radio Systems Certification
- Switch and Signaling
- Switch and Signaling System Requirements
- switch angle
- Switch Arbiter
- switch around
- switch around
- Switch Assembly Test
- Switch back
- Switch back
- Switch Beam Smart Antenna