Pass the book

(redirected from Passed the Book)

Pass the book

The process of transferring responsibility for a brokerage firm's trading account from one office to another around the world in order to benefit from trading 24 hours a day.

Pass the Book

In a brokerage, to transfer orders from one office to another office. Passing the book enables a brokerage to continue trading when one exchange closes by simply going to an office that operates on an exchange that is still open. Ideally, this will enable trading 24 hours per day.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
I even hear someone has even passed the book onto Sir Albert.
I passed the book on to four other people, and mentioned it in multiple conversations -- that's how I judge a good book.
I have passed the book on to several friends since and it's had a mixed reaction from each.
I passed the book on to others, starting the process of creating sustainable youth ministry.
Survey participants reported that 87 percent of people they had passed the book onto reacted positively, with the other 13 percent responding that they had the book themselves but had not passed it on to others yet
The movie has long since passed the book as the primary method of American storytelling.
I gave a talk in California at the Hoffman Institute, and somebody in the audience passed the book to [a staffer] for Obama.
Ambassador Aitmurzaev passed the book from President Kurmanbek Bakiev to President Musharaff who accepted the gift with gratitude and shared his warm recollections of Kyrgyzstan.
For instance, Murphy reports that Karen King, professor at Harvard Divinity School, proudly sent her book Images of the Feminine in Gnosticism to her German mentor, Hans-Martin Schenke, only to learn years later that he "had utterly no interest" in the subject and had passed the book, unread, to his wife.
Now I'm almost five years off the ciggies, it never even crosses my mind to start again - and it's had the same result for everyone I've passed the book on to.
Foster recalls that Young passed the book along to him with the directive that, going forward, they "walk lighter on the planet" while on tour.