Michael R. Milken

(redirected from Michael Milken)
Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
Related to Michael Milken: Ivan Boesky

Michael R. Milken

An American investor and philanthropist. In the 1970s and 1980s, he helped develop the junk bond market as a way to raise capital for greenmail, leveraged buyouts, and other purposes. In 1989, he pled guilty to illegal activities connected to insider trading (though he was not convicted of insider trading itself). He has also donated to research of prostate cancer.
References in periodicals archive ?
Dubai -Philanthropist, financier and health advocate Michael Milken visited Emirates Hospital in Jumeirah last month, touring the new facility and the MRI ward named after him in recognition of his contributions.
Pictured: Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute and Founder, FasterCures and Cara Familet, Foundation Director of The Chauncey F.
Moore, who provides communications counsel to Michael Milken and his foundations, notes that clearly, care is an important issue since it accounts for 97% of health spending, but Milken's most intense focus "is on the other 3%, or what some call the health cure system.
Rudolph Giuliani prosecuted financier Michael Milken for what his own staff called "technical violations" of securities regulations.
turned finance whiz, Ackerman spent the late 1970s and 1980s at Drexel Burnham Lambert's Los Angeles office working with his colleague Michael Milken on popularizing junk bonds.
The nine males who complete the list comprise Charles Ponzi, Ivar Kreuger, Philip Musica, Stanley Goldblum, Robert Vesco, Eddie Antar, John Bennett, Mark Whitacre, and Michael Milken, The surprising omission is Nick Leeson, the Singapore-based futures trader whose unauthorized trading--shielded by forgery and fictitious accounts--brought Barings Bank to its knees.
Former President Bill Clinton decided not to give an 11th hour pardon to Michael Milken after all.
But after lengthy discussions with his advisers he decided not to pardon financier Michael Milken and convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard.
Her work there included choreographing a new version of Pinocchio, with costumes by Jean-Paul Gaultier, and creating a new ballet about the rise and fall of Michael Milken, Wall Street's former junk-bond king.
And if you also want to pardon Susan McDougal, Web Hubbell and Michael Milken, go ahead.
Michael Milken is often identified incorrectly in news reports because rushed copy editors or writers fall back on old cliches that gained currency though the efforts of his competitors' public relations departments many years ago.
Security and Exchange Commission prosecute both big fish like Michael Milken and countless stock exchange manipulators.