YU

(redirected from Henan)
Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Henan: Shanxi, Hubei, Jiangxi

YU

The two-character ISO 3166 country code for YUGOSLAVIA.

YU

1. ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for Yugoslavia before it changed its name to Serbia and Montenegro. This was the code used in international transactions to and from Yugoslavian bank accounts.

2. ISO 3166-2 geocode for Yugoslavia. This was used as an international standard for shipping to Yugoslavia.

In both cases, the code is obsolete.
References in periodicals archive ?
During July 2007-July 2010, wild frogs and frog tadpoles were collected from the cities of Shangqiu, Zhoukou, and Luohe in Henan Province.
China's Henan Airlines has suspended its flight operations temporarily, after last night's deadly air crash involving an Embraer 190 operated by the airline.
3, 2010 (CENS) -- As the first step for shifting part of its production to inland China, Foxconn, the Chinese subsidiary of Hon Hai group, inaugurated its Zhengzhou plant in Henan Province, yesterday (Aug.
Summary: Zhengzhou, July 17, 2010, SPA -- Eight workers were killed after a fire engulfed a coal mine in Henan Province Saturday.
BEIJING: Beijing Guoan and Henan Jianye head into their season-ending matches in China s Super League on Saturday tied at the top of the table, with each hoping to win their first-ever championship.
13 August 2009 - Chinese meat processor Henan Shineway Group, part of Henan Shuanghui Industry Group, has announced that it has obtained an agreement to build a pig farm in Jiyuan City, Henan province, with the capacity to produce 500,000 pigs per year.
At least 31 people are confirmed dead and nine others remain missing after a gas explosion at a coal mine in central China's Henan Province early Sunday, the official news agency Xinhua reported.
The Finnish mobile communication solutions provider Nokia said on Thursday (6 July) that it has received a GSM/GPRS expansion contract from Chinese operator Henan Mobile Communication Co Ltd (Henan MCC), part of China Mobile (HK) Ltd.
The Luohe City Intermediate People's Court in Henan Province on Sunday sentenced Yang Xinhai to death for murders in the east-central provinces of Henan, Hebei, Anhui and Shandong, as well as for rape and inflicting bodily harm, the Beijing Morning Post newspaper reported.
BEIJING -- Origin Agritech Limited (NASDAQ: SEED) ("Origin" or the "Company") , a technology-focused supplier of hybrid and genetically modified crop seeds in China, today announced its operating company, Beijing Origin Seed Limited ("Beijing Origin") and Henan Agricultural University ("HAU") jointly established S.
As per the agreement, Henan Civil Aviation and Development Investment (HNCA), the Henan Airport Group, and Xinggang Investment Group Company will own 75 percent stake in the airline, and the remaining 25 percent whill be held by Cargolux.
Attending the ceremony from Henan Billions was Xu Gang, Chairman of the Board; Tan Ruiqing, Deputy Chairman of the Board; and Han Jianhua, general manager.