Export-Import Bank of Japan

(redirected from Export Import Bank of Japan)

Export-Import Bank of Japan

A former bank that was responsible for providing financing to encourage Japanese international trade. It ceased to exist in 1999 when it merged with the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund to form the Japanese Bank for International Cooperation.
References in periodicals archive ?
7 million in loan from The Export Import Bank of Japan carrying an annual interest of 6.
The co-financiers of the fund, besides the World Bank, the Export Import Bank of Japan and USAID/USEX 17 Bank, includes the Governments of France and Italy, the Nordic Investment Bank, the Overseas Development Agency of UK etc.
Mobil and NNPC met equity contributions in Oso for 35 percent, with the remaining 65 percent coming from the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, the Export Import Bank of the United States, the Export Import Bank of Japan, the European Investment Bank, and commercial banks led by Morgan Guaranty Trust Company of New York, Union Bank of Switzerland, Banque Nationale de Paris and Credit Lyonnais.
The report identified the following ECAs as the leading sources of financing for energy-intensive projects and exports: the Compagnie Francaise d'Assurance pour le Commerce Exterieur (France), the Export Credit Guarantee Department (United Kingdom), the Export Development Corporation (Canada), Export Import Bank of Japan (now the Japan Bank for International Cooperation), the Export-Import Bank of the United States, Hermes Kreditversicherung-AG (Germany), Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (Germany), the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (United States), and Sezione Speciale Per l'Assicurazione Del Credito All'Esportazione (Italy).

Full browser ?