References in periodicals archive ?
In a majority of African chiefdoms and kingdoms, the stool is taken out only on special occasions, for instance, during an annual tribal dance or when the chief or king dies or is "missing" as most Africans refer to the death of a king.
Tongan traditions consistently hold that the first centre with chiefly and monumental stone architecture was built at Heketa in eastern Tongatapu before the removal of the chiefdom to Lapaha two to three generations later (Figure 1).
MGD has received a signed Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") dated November 14, 2008 from the Gbense Chiefdom of the Kono diamond mining district in Sierra Leone, Africa, to allow MGD to conduct artisanal alluvial mining of diamonds of an initial 1-acre site near Yaradu in the heart of Koidu mining area.
To provide the tourist with this traditional package, entrepreneurs invest in the transfer of material culture from the village chiefdoms to the market place, a transfer that aestheticises powerful ritual mechanisms in the name of Fijian 'culture' and 'tradition'.
Hofmeyer, "We Spend Our Years As a Tale Told That is Told": Oral Historical Narrative in A South African Chiefdom (Johannesburg, 1994); and educationalist R.
Asiento viejo and the development of the Rio Parita chiefdom, Panama.
From archeological reports, she concludes that the Choctaws adopted complicated mortuary practices that had in the past been reserved for an elite class of one of the contributing disintegrated chiefdoms.
True, in the Loyalty Islands, as in northern and southern Grande Terre (the biggest island by far in France's New Caledonian Overseas Territory), chiefdoms structured like a pyramid existed; some of them are thought to have been founded by Polynesian migrants.
While Juba maintained that only the nine Ngok Dinka chiefdoms were eligible to vote as permanent residents of the area, Khartoum insisted that the Misseriya Arabs, who are temporary residents, be allowed to take part in the referendum.
Chapter topics include discussions on chiefdoms in the Alto Magdalena, delimiting the archaeological community, household locations and agricultural resources, sherd densities and demographic dynamics, artifact assemblages and household activities, and a summarization of the sequence of change at Mesitas.
At the arrival of the Spanish explorers in the sixteenth century some chiefdoms like that of Coosa in north Georgia and the Natchez in colonial Louisiana remained, but many of the most impressive had vanished.
The month of October, 2013, remains as our sacred deadline for holding [the] Abyei referendum on self-determination and if it is not honoured then the Ngok Dinka chiefdoms will organise their [own] popular referendum", the letter said, a copy of which was obtained by Sudan Tribune.
Financial browser ?
- Chiarella vs. U.S.
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Chicago school
- Chicago Stock Exchange
- Chicken Shop
- Chicken Stuff
- Chief Credit Officer
- chief executive
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Finagle Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- Chief Security Officer
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Child Labor
- Child Support Payments
- Child Tax Credit
- Chilean Escudo
- Chilean Peso
- China Banknote Printing and Minting
- China Concepts Stock
- Chinese Fire Drill
- Chinese hedge
- Chinese Metric Ounce
- Chinese wall
- Chinese Yuan
- Choice market
- choice of law clause
- Choke Price
Full browser ?
- Chief White Crane Recreation Area
- Chief Wine Officer
- Chief X Officer
- Chief Yeoman
- Chief's Call To Initiation
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee
- chiefs of state