Mentioned in ?
- Accountants International Study Group
- Agence Canadienne de Developpement International
- Alberta Securities Commission
- Alexander Graham Bell
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Attribution Rules
- Automated Commercial Environment
- Automotive Products Trade Agreement
- Bank of Canada
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Bay Street
- Better Business Bureau
- Board Foot
References in periodicals archive ?
By a Canadianism, we mean a word or usage peculiar to Canadian English, such as loonie, RCMP, etc.
For the purposes of the present study, Canadianisms refers to a lexical item borrowed from another language into English in Canada (e.
In the present study, we postulate five factors affecting the acquisition of Canadianisms by ESL learners, each of which is related to one of the main aspects of Gu's model.
Second, the longer a learner stays in Canada, the more likely he or she is to be exposed to a larger number of Canadianisms and to acquire them.
We posit a weak connection between English proficiency level and acquisition of Canadianisms because we surmise that other factors, which we are not attempting to measure-such as personality type--may be more relevant to the task.
Fourth, learners' native language might be a variable that affects their acquisition of Canadianisms.
Last but not least, we expect to find that international English learners studying in Canada are not systematically exposed to Canadianisms.
The second survey was administered to ESL teachers; it explored teachers' attitudes toward teaching Canadianisms and their approaches to teaching them.
Parts II and III of the student survey consisted of the Canadianisms that were tested.
Conservatives cited the 1960 Bill of Rights and the Diefenbaker slogans, "One Canada" and "unhyphenated Canadianism.
What is unclear is how, among ethnic citizens courted so actively by political parties representing competing brands of Canadianism, these labels, perceptions, and loyalties worked themselves out in the tide of official multiculturalism after 1971.
A Very British Coup: Canadianism, Quebec, and Ethnicity in the Flag Debate, 1964-65.
Financial browser ?
- Campbell Harvey
- Canada Education Savings Grant
- Canada Premium Bond
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Savings Bond
- Canadian agencies
- Canadian Agency
- Canadian Dealing Network
- Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Canadian Derivatives Exchange
- Canadian Dollar
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund
- Canadian Originated Preferred Securities
- Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf
- Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf
- Canadian Pound
- Canadian Securities Course
- Canadian Securities Institute
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf
- Canadian Venture Exchange
- cancel former order
- cancel order
- Canceled Certificates
- cancellation clause
- Cancellation Markings and Date
- candlestick chart
- Candy Store
- Can't Find
- Caoga Pingin
- cap rate
- capacity constrained resource
- capacity control
- capacity cushion
- capacity planning
- capacity requirements planning
- capacity utilization
Full browser ?
- Canadian Youth Chess Championship
- Canadian Youth Climate Coalition
- Canadian Youth Foundation
- Canadian Youth Rights Association
- Canadian Youth Talent Competition
- Canadian Zinc Corporation
- Canadian Zionist Cultural Association
- Canadian Zionist Federation
- Canadian-African Newcomer Aid Centre of Toronto
- Canadian-Born Indian
- Canadian-British Engineering Consultants
- Canadian-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association
- Canadian-Cuban Projects Team
- Canadian-International Nurse Researcher Database
- Canadian-Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council
- Canadian-South Pacific Ocean Development Program
- Canadian-US Test and Evaluation Program
- Canadian/American Border Trade Alliance
- Canadian/US Atlantic Joint Preparedness Team
- Canadian/US Trade Agreement
- Canadians Advocating Political Participation
- Canadians Against Palestine Liberation Organization Terrorism
- Canadians against Same-Sex Marriage
- Canadians against Slavery and Torture in Sudan
- Canadians for a Genocide Museum
- Canadians for a Tropical Province
- Canadians for Ethical Treatment of Food Animals
- Canadians for Fair and Equitable Taxation
- Canadians for Israel's Legal Rights
- Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East
- Canadians for Language Fairness
- Canadians for Properly Built Homes
- Canadians for Proportional Representation
- Canadians for Responsible and Safe Highways
- Canadians for Safe Access
- Canadians for Safe and Sober Driving
- Canadians for Tax Fairness
- Canadians Human Rights Voice
- Canadien National